1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

anyone own ebs?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 77mmstingray, Jul 19, 2012.

1. 77mmstingray

77mmstingray

Jan 29, 2012
    I heard the combos are a fortune

2. superdick2112

superdick2112 Mile High Bassist Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2010
    The Centennial State
    EBS is expensive but worth it. I owned an HD-350 head & 1x15" and 4x10" cabs for about 3 years. Very sparkly & Hi-Fi sounding, and when combined with a good Jazz bass, it absolutely nailed the Marcus Miller sound. The downside was that when the amp finally did needed servicing, I had to send it to Sweden, and the turn-around time with shipping time + shipping costs was more than I was willing to endure a 2nd time.
    I eventually traded it for my current rig - a Phil Jones M-500 head, with Phil Jones 8T & 16B cabs.
    Phil Jones makes top-shelf gear, but due to the nature of their 5" speakers, a combo would not be practical - for loud volume & strong bottom end, you need at least 16 of the 5" speakers. With 24 of the little beasties, the sound is incredible...

3. christw

christw Get low!

May 11, 2008
    Dayton OH
    I want to be Tesla (tinkerer at Dayton Amp Co)
    There are a few owners of the T90 on here. I recall someone posting about a newly purchased 110 combo recently.