1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone peek inside an Ashdown Neo 4x10 (Klystron) cab? (Speaker wiring&impedance?)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Rattanee, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Rattanee

Rattanee

Oct 31, 2017
    EU, Hungary
    Like the title says. Does anyone own one of these 4x10 Neo cabs or seen the innards? I have a chance to buy one (trade really) in great condition (virtually scratch free), but this is an 8 ohm cab. I would need to know if it has 8 ohm drivers in series-parallel, or 32ohm drivers in parallel.
    If it is 8 ohm I can rewire it for 2 ohms and I could possibly get away with using it as my sole cab for either of my amps. If it's 32 ohm speakers, then it is of no interest to me as my SVT2 will only eat 4 or 2 ohms.
    Would be great if someone could tell me, because the seller doesn't want to open the cab, and it's far enough that I would not like to drive there only to find 32 ohm speakers inside...

Thanks!

2. Rattanee

Rattanee

Oct 31, 2017
    EU, Hungary
    Noone has one of these? There seems to be little love for Neos here. Any particular reason?

3. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Most every well-loved speaker cabinet on here uses Neo speakers. So the lack of love has nothing to do with Neo.

rodl2005 and agedhorse like this.
  4. Rick James

Rick James

Feb 24, 2007
    New Jersey
    The chance that it has 32 ohm neo drivers is pretty much nil. I'm not aware of anyone that makes one.