Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone play a epiphone thunderbird

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by T-BIRD bassist, Jul 6, 2004.

1. T-BIRD bassist

T-BIRD bassist

Jun 24, 2004
    i have a epiphone thunderbird wich is great i like it but my body on my bass has a crack in it wich i discovered like a week ago. has any one else had problems with this bass ?

2. afroman

afroman

Aug 31, 2000
    Brooklyn, NY
    I've had mine since '98 and there were no craks in the body of the bass. You should go to the store you bought it from and if it's under warranty, demand a replacement. Or contact the Epiphone company, I think recent Epiphone intruments have a Lifetime Warranty.

If not, go to a music store and let a technician look at it to see if ithe crack could get worse or if it will affect the tone of the bass.

I hope some of this helped.
    Peace.

3. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Very good advice Mr. Afro. Epeiphone does have lifetime warranties on their instruments that have been built semi-recently. If it is not the product of abuse, then you should be just fine with that. They make take a while, though. I remember gibson/epiphone being quite slow. Gibson being the worst.