Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone play a Warmoth five string?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by L-1329, Jul 14, 2005.

1. L-1329

L-1329

Aug 8, 2004
    I have been researching pickups and such, and have so far only heard good things about Warmoth. I am wondering how those who have played their deluxe five necks like them. How is the feel, playability, and how is the tone and feel of the B? I would like to get some impressions of these before I pull the trigger, but I probably will anyway! Again, I appreciate any info or impressions of these basses. :cool:

2. paintandsk8

paintandsk8 Pushin' my soul through the wire...

May 12, 2003
    West Lafayette, IN
    I have a warmoth deluxe 5. I like the feel of the Deluxe 5 neck better than the neck on my Fender Am. Dlx. V. It probably has the most to do with the Assymetric profile. Mine has a satin finish as well, which is faster feeling than the gloss on the Fender. The fretwork is also better on the warmoth, as well as stability through changing weather.

I don't feel that I can comment on the feel or tone of the B string, since no two warmoths will be the same. There are so many options as far as bridges, woods, pickups, and most importantly strings that a comparison would be pointless. Basically I believe that the warmoth B is going to be the same as any other similarly equipped 34" scale bass.

BTW- you have PM

3. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Supporting Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder: Wing Bass
    I've got a Warmoth Deluxe 5 neck on my Valenti... the B is just fine :D

[​IMG]