1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Anyone play a Warmoth five string?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by L-1329, Jul 14, 2005.

1. L-1329

L-1329

Aug 8, 2004
    I have been researching pickups and such, and have so far only heard good things about Warmoth. I am wondering how those who have played their deluxe five necks like them. How is the feel, playability, and how is the tone and feel of the B? I would like to get some impressions of these before I pull the trigger, but I probably will anyway! Again, I appreciate any info or impressions of these basses. :cool:

2. paintandsk8

paintandsk8 Pushin' my soul through the wire...

May 12, 2003
    West Lafayette, IN
    I have a warmoth deluxe 5. I like the feel of the Deluxe 5 neck better than the neck on my Fender Am. Dlx. V. It probably has the most to do with the Assymetric profile. Mine has a satin finish as well, which is faster feeling than the gloss on the Fender. The fretwork is also better on the warmoth, as well as stability through changing weather.

I don't feel that I can comment on the feel or tone of the B string, since no two warmoths will be the same. There are so many options as far as bridges, woods, pickups, and most importantly strings that a comparison would be pointless. Basically I believe that the warmoth B is going to be the same as any other similarly equipped 34" scale bass.

BTW- you have PM

3. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder/Owner: Wing Instruments
    I've got a Warmoth Deluxe 5 neck on my Valenti... the B is just fine :D

[​IMG]