Anyone play a Warwick Infinity??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by InfinityJaco, Jun 8, 2001.

1. InfinityJaco

Jun 5, 2001
    I recently won a Warwick Infinity LTD 2000 bass out of Bass Player magazine (hot dog!!!!), and I was just curious; does anyone else play one??
    It's a big stepup from my Fender Standard Jazz and I think I'm really diggin' it! I wasn't too sure before I got it because I tried out some Warwicks at the shop and wasn't too impressed (great tone though, just didn't like the feel), but the Infinity is really really sweet...
  2. Damn, you won that thing. I entered myself, the six other members of my family, and 12 of my friends every day. I can only dream about playing one of those things. What warwick's did you try. The Corvette Standard, Streamer Standard, And thumb basses all have pretty chuncky necks. The fortress, streamer LX and Stage series are flatter, smaller and more traditional. The dolphin and Infinity LTD are probably the sweetest of the bunch. But keep in mind. It's real heavy.
  3. InfinityJaco

Jun 5, 2001
    I tried the Corvette and the Thumb I think it was...yeh I thought the neck was chunky too...but then again I'm used to play a Jazz Bass neck and those are damn thin...the Infinity has almost a Jazz neck's actually really thin, not as thin as a real Jazz but good enough!! :)
    I know, pretty crazy that I won it...I only entered twice and I was positive I wasnt gonna win..nuts, heh.

4. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    It's garbage. I'll relieve you of it and give you $100 for your trouble. Better still, give me the money for accepting that thing.;)

5. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Don't pay Big Wheel to take it, I will give you maybe $200 for it. And that is being generous. The bass should be sent to me immediately.

Just kidding. Congrats on winning the thing. You have now got a bass that a lot of us can only dream about owning.

6. InfinityJaco

Jun 5, 2001
    $100 for the Infinity?? why do you want to rip yourself off???...the things made out of like balsa (sp?) wood and it has plastic frets! hehe, just kidding. im lucky to have it and it isn't going anywhere..

Thanks for the congrats!

7. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

And I promise that I will burn it thoroughly in my fireplace!:p

Seriously, congratulations on winning a fine bass.:)

It's nice to actually talk to somebody who one a Bass Player giveaway.

I've always wondered if they really give that stuff away.;)
  8. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    yeah i always knew that they gave the stuff away but if you go to ebay you can see that for some damned reason its always guitar players that win the stuff? Makes me real madd! I wanna get mid-evil on there assssses for that man! awsome bass dude!