anyone play in the south bend, IN area?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by lets jump now, Nov 7, 2002.

1. SSIA, if you do, drop me a line! please!

there is no music scene here, im looking to get one started.
  2. Wareyin

Jul 13, 2002
    I live in Fort Wayne, but we make it out to South Bend every once in a while. What kind of music are you looking for a scene for?

And what is "SSIA"?
  3. glenn brady

glenn brady

Oct 10, 2002
    yo - this is glenn brady - i used to live in sb when my partner lisa taught at ND and IUSB -

no scene anymore, eh? - i used to gig at basil's, oyster bar, lula's, everyhwere - freinds with the umph, etc

do it - there's alot of hidden talent there
  4. glenn brady

glenn brady

Oct 10, 2002
    if you hang at lula's, tell kroj and kalihl gb sez hay
  5. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Nothing to do with basses.

Moved to Misc.
  6. Bassstud1

Bassstud1 Supporting Member

Sep 23, 2001
    LaPorte Indiana USA
    I live about a 1/2 hour away. I've lived in LaPorte about 12 yrs. now The problem seems to be the amount of money that bands get paid in the South Bend area. We went looking for jobs there and most of our band is from Michigan City. By time we figure in the extra wear and tear on our vehicles we are taking a bath. I beleive you will find a music scene but it's not in the bars. I'm sure if you ask around enough at Brass wind and Wood wind you could find some one to hook up with.
  8. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    I live in indianapolis, just a few hours south if that helps. Theres a deceant scene here. I also know for a fact of 2 kickass bands at ND. Clark is an amazing live band. Also a huge local act around here, extra blue kind, came from ND. It hard with there only being small bars to play around south bend, and the town seems like its deserted. Its mostly kids who get smaller bands started. I dont know alot of adults, 30 and up, who go out everynight to shows. there arent even any all age venues that i know of there. Come down to the emerson or vestivilla and tell me there isnt a music scene here. Im guessing your best bet would be getting alot of Notre dame kids to start playing, cuz i know sum badass ones. Its easier at butler here in town cuz we have such a good music school i guess though.