Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone play or own a Zon RT5?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RSmith, Mar 16, 2006.

1. I'm looking to buy a high end 5 for under $1,500 (nudge if anyone's selling one I should know about!) and the Zon RT5 Robert Trujillo signature bass is one that popped up on my radar. Any feed back from people who've owned or played one would be appreciated. I can play this one before I buy but it's 2 1/2 hours away!

2. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    I've played two, but haven't bought one...yet, but it's an awesome sounding bass. The wood neck is lovely, nice profile, great action, and the EMG electronics kick major azz over the ho-hum bartolini stuff in the normal models. The bright-snappy sound is what you would hear on an Infectious album.

Under 1500 though? Good luck finding one that low, it'll probably be a while before they turn up used. The cheapest price Bass Central quoted me was 1999, but BassNW does have that demo unit for 1899, but I wasn't fond of the color combo.

3. Thanks,
    Bass Exchange has one for $1349. but I found out that one's made overseas. So I'm gonna pass on it.

4. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    I see that particular red one is called an RT5-K rather than the normal RT5 and an almost $1000 less retail price. They must have the K's make in Korea, so yeah now we're talking about a different bass.

I'd rather buy a US built one.