Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone play the Fender MIJ Thinline??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by gojirin, Nov 19, 2004.

1. gojirin

gojirin

Oct 11, 2004
    Denver,CO
    I'm dying to know how the MIJ TNB-110SPL <Thinline Bass Spacial> (sic) sounds and plays !! If you don't know what I'm refering to go to Ishibashi's Japanesse Fender page and look up the model. Very cool thinline tele look.
    Here's the link, but it may not work...

http://www.excite.co.jp/world/engli...derjapan.co.jp/fender/e_guitar_bass/tnb_110sp

It has the new HotRod pick up which "sinks thickly".

I showed this to a friend who's hot on it, but he's trying to get it through a shop he works at. I told him to contact Ishibashi directly, they've been great in my experience in answering questions.

Anyone have any experience with it?

2. gojirin

gojirin

Oct 11, 2004
    Denver,CO
    Sorry all, the link does not work.

Check out the Ishibashi site for the bass.

3. mielke

mielke

Nov 24, 2003
  4. Whoa! Fender meets Gibson!

5. BTW, no offense to anyone Japanese, but that Ishibashi site has pretty creative take on English language. I mean, my English is far from perfect, but still... They probably just ran their site through some online translator. Here´s some sales pitch for a Roland synth:

"It has been an extremely popular synthesizer since sale! Roland whom the short state follows still more JUNO-D. Although it is small quantity this time, I have arrived! If it is now, it is immediate payment O.K. Furthermore, it is with the soft case only for entering LOGO! Inevitable [ sell out and ]! Please hurry."

:confused: :confused: :confused:

But anyways, Fender Japan makes some funky stuff, including the aforementioned Thinline. It´s a pity they don´t export them.

6. FireAarro

FireAarro

Aug 8, 2004
    austr-
    That's exactly what their "english site" is, it's run though Excite translator when you view it.

7. Super lucky number one. You buy now.

8. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    Wow, I think that bass looks really cool, I love the blue/black finish... I would have the headstock a little bigger though...

9. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    As of today, the Yen (88,000) price translates to almost exactly $853 US.

10. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    more than I'd be willing to pay for that, and really any Femder unless it had somethign special or was awesome.

11. spc

spc

Apr 10, 2004
    South of Boston
    Daddy likee...I want one...

12. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    Go, go, gadget Japanese minor!

Apparently, the bass has a chambered body and is equipped with one the new "Hotrod B" pickups and a jazz bass pickup for a rich, deep sound! That (which you could easily guess from the picture anyway) is all the text says, really.

Hey, I found her sister! Even better-looking if you ask me.

Gah, I hate frames Go to http://www.fenderjapan.co.jp/ ,then to "Electric Guitar&Bass", then click on the good ol' P, then on TNB-100 SPL.

13. gojirin

gojirin

Oct 11, 2004
    Denver,CO
    What I like, in theory, is the chambered body and the "tele" headstock. I wish it came with a blond fret board, but such is life. I first found this when I was looking for the ' 58 P model(around $660. shipped).

Quality wise, the MIJ are the only Fenders I would order unplayed. And the price is pretty darn good.

If my friend actually gets one of these, which I know he will, I'll report back. It will be interesting to compare them with the G&L ASAT.