1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone play the gk neo 10's?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by HeavyFingers, Feb 25, 2008.

1. HeavyFingers

HeavyFingers

Mar 18, 2006
    NOVA
    So, has anyone played either the gk neo 410 or the gk neo 210 yet? Any comparisons to the gk neo 212? I've been hearing tiny bits and pieces of info about these new neo 10's but never a real review/comparison. I really want to find out how they stack up to the 12's.

2. amos

amos

Oct 23, 2003
    SE Portland Oregon
    Yeah they still have not put these cabs up on the website. I have never even seen a GK Neo 410.

112 410 412
    115 212

I would really like to hear some of these:
    [​IMG]

They look really beefy. I think the 410 Neo weighs 80 lbs. I bet it sounds huge. Me? I'd get a 212 and 210, currently my favorite combination.

3. Slowgypsy

Slowgypsy 4 Fretless Strings

Dec 12, 2006
    NY & MA
    For whatever reason, Gallien Krueger doesn't have them on their website but they are available through RMC Audio... whose website does have pictures, specs, prices.... go figure....

4. silky smoove

silky smoove Supporting Member

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    This may be old information, but I had a Neo410 on order back in November through RMC Audio. In January I cancelled that order because (according to RMC) Gallien-Krueger had pushed them back into March. They did a small release to Guitar Center (according to RMC) but that was it.

I really wanted to pair my 2001RB with a Neo410, but it just didn't work out and I simply couldn't wait an additional 3 months.

Adrian Garcia (TB'er) has owned several of the Neo12 configurations and I believe is currently using an early production (possibly prototype) Neo410 model. That might be a bit off, but I do remember reading a thread about them that he posted over on the GK forum. Head over that way and do a search in the 'GK Players' section of the forum.

5. HeavyFingers

HeavyFingers

Mar 18, 2006
    NOVA
    Yeah, I actually got my 212 from him. Was just interested (for future purposes) in what a 212+210 would sound like...or 410 for that matter :bassist:.

6. shoot-r

shoot-r

May 26, 2007
    Illinois
    I've played the GK Neo 410 at Guitar Ctr., using a GK 1001 to drive it with....great cab!

7. binadms

binadms

Oct 29, 2007
    yeah recently got 4x10 neo, huge sounds, good midrange and clarity, just a need a little bit setup to get the right tone.

8. HeavyFingers

HeavyFingers

Mar 18, 2006
    NOVA
    Have either of you guys played a gk neo 212 to compare the 410 to?

9. Vic Winters

Vic Winters Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    I own the 2x12s, and I've only played the 4x10 at GC, but to me the 4x10 had a rounder sound to it at least at lower volumes.

10. FanOfAlice

FanOfAlice

Nov 8, 2006
    Wisconsin
    i demo'd the 4X10 at GC with a 700RBII and an ibanez ATK and i almost craped my pants. At first i thought it was the 810 sitting next to it but after further examination realized it was the 410. it sounded huge it, excellent midrange. i wanted to take it home but i dont have the funds. i liked to see how the 4X12 sounds i think i might like that better.

11. anyone know what RMC lets the 212's go for?

12. HeavyFingers

HeavyFingers

Mar 18, 2006
    NOVA
    So does "rounder" mean a more old-school vibe? Meaning that the 212 sounds better for more aggressive music?

13. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger Gold Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    Okay, bumping this thread.

I tried out a GK Neo 410 at guitar center recently.

It sounds good. :)

Compared to my Neo 212, it seems to get a more pronounced midrange. And it's still loud as heck. While it's not as aggressive in the midrange as the 410RBH, it seems more versatile to my ears, as it still seems to be more of a broad-spectrum-response sort of design.

I'm seriously tempted to bring in my Neo 212 and A/B them with my Stingray (the one I used was the closest-sounding store model I found on the rack).

14. Lebowsky

Lebowsky Effects Forum Resident

Mar 18, 2007
    Lausanne, Switzerland
    oooooohhh yes please yes please :hyper:

and if they got 115 and 210 as well, it would be great to compare everything ;)

15. JanusZarate

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    Heh...

I used to own the old Neo 115. I still remember how it sounded.

But all the GC had was the Neo 410, an army of Goldline cabs, a 115RBH, and an SBX cab (410, I think).

16. Lebowsky

Lebowsky Effects Forum Resident

Mar 18, 2007
    Lausanne, Switzerland
    well what did you think of the 115? I'm tempted by going to a 115+210 all neo, with the "new" 115-II that has the same dimensions as the 10" cabs and was annouced like a year ago, but it seems to be a ghost cab for the moment...

17. JanusZarate

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    The Neo 115 is oddly punchy (more so than other 1x15 cabs I've used), "quick", and has a more pronounced midrange. Less bottom than I'm accustomed to in such a cab.

I've heard the Neo 115 II has been reworked, and won't sound the same as the old one. They also increased the power handling (from 300W to 400W) and the size of the cabinet (to stack under the Neo 410 perfectly).