Anyone play the new mike kruger spector yet?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by chasfur, Aug 31, 2009.

1. chasfur

chasfur

Feb 14, 2009
    Elkhart , Indiana
    I'm curious about the sound of this bass. im thinking of purchasing it from woodwind brasswind music store. it will soon ship there. looking for advice from my TB friends, thanks

2. BigLoopDuke

BigLoopDuke

Jan 2, 2007
    DSM, IA
    It's got the passive EMG-HZ pups. I had a Spector performer a while back that was passive and I always thought the tone was pretty good.

My old Holoflash Performer...

A couple notes on the tone. I think I had a set of Chromes flatwounds on it and I believe I was playing through a GK rig. Also, I was running through a Boss MB-50 pedalboard and was probably using a bit of a wah pedal setting.

I found it had a nice tone, but I tended to prefer the active TonePump that came with the ReBop that I was also playing around that time. (The ReBop had the same EMG-HZ pups)

3. your idol

your idol

Oct 13, 2008
    Murfreesboro TN
    i have the same pups in my(ex) q5 pro and they sound very nice and round and boomy..very ominous. if i was a fan of spectors boutique looks i would have kept it on the shear fact it sounds amazin..stylisticly not my cup of tea

4. chasfur

chasfur

Feb 14, 2009
    Elkhart , Indiana
    thanks guys it helps alil to hear your advice. im goin to test it out tomorrow. tone pump would be nice. this will be for a rock bassed group i soon will audition for. im a finger style player.(occasionally using a pic)I want something to contrast my current fender active an backup sx. all advice from fellow TB's has been useful

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 19, 2021