Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone play through one of these?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by cgworkman, May 27, 2005.

1. cgworkman

cgworkman

May 14, 2004
    Ohio
    I did a search a didn't find much...

[​IMG]

It's a BXT-410HL4.

Any opinions?

2. Aren't those Victor Wooten's signature cabinets? Rule of thumb - Anything that man touches turns to gold.

Really, though, it's probably a few steps up from the 410HLF, but not as nice as the PR410. A good bridge between their affordable stuff and their pro stuff.

3. seansbrew

seansbrew Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2000
    Mesa AZ.
    I have been using two BXT 4x10 cabs for a couple of years now and I have to say I think they are the best 4x10 cab that Ampeg makes. I think the BXT is many steps above the HLF and has advantages over the PR as well. It is alot more compact than the PR cab, it is not bulky and awkward. For all intents and purposes it is a pro cab with the same quality componets as the PR. I am in the process of getting rid of them to buy smaller even more compact cabs that will be lighter on my back. Price is also somthing to consider, they are as good as SWR and Eden cabs, but a little less expensive. They also have a sound to them ( the cross-over) that makes them suited for funk, hope this helps, Sean.

4. TheChariot

TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Read the Signature my friend ;)

I've had the fullstack going for a couple years now and its just monstrous with 450Watts into each cab.

As for the 410 individually, it has great capabilities. Especially for an Ampeg. It can hold its own as a standalone cab and really move more air than you'd think. It also puts out a pretty sweet Low-B.

5. cgworkman

cgworkman

May 14, 2004
    Ohio
    I've also been eyeing a SWR Goliath III cab. There's a couple on eBay there are pretty cheap.

6. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Those Ampegs are some of the heaviest 4x10's of any major manufacturer. Lead bricks, hope the sound is worth it!