Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone play through two amps w/BDDI?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mattvon, Mar 9, 2006.

1. mattvon

mattvon

Jan 22, 2006
    Minneapolis, MN
    Forgive me if I've used the wrong terminology...here's what I'm wondering:

As my BDDI has a parallel output, if I wanted to feed the signal into a matched pair of SVTs (not that I have two, but...), is there anything I should know? Does it send the same power signal to each amp? Or does it split the strength of the output signal?

Intrigued by the possibility, thought I'd ask the great TB community as I'm sure some of you have done this.

Thanks!

2. andertone

andertone Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2000
    Southwest USA
    Hi:

I've done this many times: sent the unaffected signal
    to my SWR Baby Blue to be miked and added to the DI and PA,
    then sent the other "affected" signal to an Alembic F2B/PLX2402 to power some Epifani cabinets. No loss of signal, both gains the same.

I don't know if you split the affected signal by using a Y jack
    if it would affect the output.

Phil Anderson
    Tucson, AZ

3. The signal out of the parallel out is always clean, im not sure if you got that or not mattvon

Ive used the BDDI with the parallel (clean) out going to my SVT and that driving my 4x10 and the coloured output going to my firebass and into my 2x15, was just an experiment, but it worked well :)

4. mattvon

mattvon

Jan 22, 2006
    Minneapolis, MN
    Nope, that's exactly the kind of thing I needed to know! Cheers!

5. I have the RBI rack version of the BDDI, and run the effected and uneffected outs into the two separate channels of my Mesa 400+, so can tweak the blend between the two directly from the cabinet.
    Never experienced a beefier tone- it's great!

6. Lync

Lync Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2004
    NY
    I did when I was running my dual Ampeg B100R rig.

The B100R line out seemed to be too hot to just run into the second amp so using the BDDI cured that. Too bad using two B100R's didn't really add that much to just using a single combo. Looked cool though...

7. SubMonkey

SubMonkey

May 3, 2004
    Denver, CO