Anyone played a Copley CBE59 NT?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by treeguy, Dec 10, 2004.

1. Has anyone out there handled a Copley CBE59 NT? I am thinking of adding one, but my concern is how floppy the B string is since it is a 34" scale instead of 35" (like my current Spector 5 string). Anyone?
  2. haplo07

haplo07 Guest

Apr 13, 2002
    Tinley Park, IL
    Hi i own a cb-59nt

my suggestion to you, read planet boulder's thread on his, and talk to him on what he did to his. you might want to look at the fact you might be modding this bass. but it's worth a lil money and love. GREAT WOOD!!!! 5 PIECCE FREAKING NECK!!!!!

if you get one, get it with the aguilar preamp option (should you buy from the site [ ])

then take the bass to have it strobe tuned and the nut at the neck filed a lil if it needs it. in the end you will have a killer bass.

just don't use Ern B strings. :| the b won't fit in the grove.

as for the B mine is tight. no buzz, no dead drop off on sound either. my only problems is i have to replace my bridge cause i forced a eb string (low B into the grove damaging was too large and i was drunk and pissed and dammaged my bridge.. don't do that) and i have a ground issue with the pup blending's nota blending knob. it's a pup selector
    no blending of pups. you have only bridge, neck, and both. and the vloume and two tones... get a preamp and possibley change the pups to SD MM types like Planet Boulder did.