Anyone played a Devon bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lightfingers, Mar 8, 2006.

1. lightfingers

Jan 13, 2006
    Has anyone out there played or heard a Devon bass perhaps in a store or even own one. They appear to be fine instruments, but I've heard no input about them. I play gospel, R&B, funk, jazz and reggae.
  2. tribal3140

tribal3140 Banned

Nov 9, 2004
    near detroit...uh
    theres one at the low end bass shop. I played it at the gtg, I was VERY impressed!
    it played superbly was well made and sounded good too.
    it got 2 thumbs up from me.
  3. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    Designer: Beav's Graphics
    I've played a 4 string fretless Jazz and a 5 string MM/J and they were both suberb instruments. I really don't think you can go wrong with one. I'm with Todd 2 tumbs up!
  4. mike sancho

mike sancho SANCH

Feb 10, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    Devon is a friend of mine and he builds really really fine instruments. I play in church exclusively and have owned a Devon and will own another one soon. The basses have plenty of flexability and balance well. They are very playable and you can pick from several different pickup preamp combos. They sit well in just about any mix. He is very knowledgeable and always is willing to service his instruments.
  5. lightfingers

Jan 13, 2006
    Thanks guys. I'm glad to hear positive comments about Devon. Would you compare them to Roscoe, Elrick and/or MTD in build quality and sound?
  6. I own a Devon PJ bass. First, he was awesome to deal with. The bass is posted in the gear reviews section if you are interested in seeing a picture and reading the review . It is the nicest playing bass I have owned. He put Aero pickups in it and I am totally impressed with the fit, finish, and sound of it. I would highly recommend a Devon bass...