Anyone played a Epifani 6x10UL?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Christian Houmann, Sep 24, 2005.

1. Has anyone played a Epifani 6x10UL and can you compare it other 6x10's like Bergantino and others?

I thinking of getting a big cab :cool:

2. I look forward to hearing from anyone who's used them. However, I can provide some input... since the Epi610 uses the same crossover and tweeter and drivers as their other cabs (e.g., the 410UL), and since, from my understanding the large Berg 610 has no tweeter and is going after a more vintage vibe, I would say these cabs would be different as night and day. Not better or worse, but a whole different thing. Of course there will be a weight difference of about 25 pounds in favor of the Epi, given the Neo drivers and light wood.

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    ...well, I played a non neo version & it killed(so did the price)! I had a Berg 610 & as KJ said, they are totally different beast. The Berg is sealed & the Epi is not, major difference off the bat. The Epi also has a tweet. You can't even begin to compare these 2 cabs, night & day, both phenemonal...

PS: What are you looking to do?...
  4. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    killed? heh, a few furry muscrats, and that wildebeast in the distance... ;)

but while the Berg's a cool cab, it just isnt quite as detailed as i'd like. kinda blurry. the UL602 is definitely more me. punch, clarity, and fingerstylie chewiness. and did i mention its a LOUD FREAKIN' MOFO?

and whatever you do, dont try it w/ a UL215 (not on the website, but can be ordered :)). just DONT!
  5. Do mean this Joker?

Maybe a 6x10 would be overkill for most gigs But I play some gigs where a 6x10 would fits perfectly. My plan was acutally to get a 4x10UL with casters when some of my friends asked me why I did get a 6x10! Maybe I should try and go for the big cab. I have my Epi 1x12UL's for smallere gigs.

Compared to 4x10 is still bigger:

But it has wheels and it still amazing light if i want to move is my self. It about 20 Lbs ligther than my old EBS 4x10!!

6. how would you caompare the Epi 610 to the SWR 610?
    That seems like a better comparison, although I would fully expect the Epi to be superior, is it that much better that it would justify the price difference?
  7. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    no contest,

again, the epi just has sooo much more goin' on than the SWR i tried. the SWR just sounded small and thin in comparison. i'm a sucker for 6x10 cabs, and the epifani is literally everything i want in a 6x10 cab. and yea, you'd be really surprised at how light it actually feels. loading it up into the backseat of my accord was literally a piece of cake. course, pulling it out, and returning it back to my friend was the awful hard part. :(