Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone played a Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by antipop, Nov 15, 2003.

1. antipop

antipop

Nov 6, 2003
    What's the sound? Any drawbacks?

2. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    I just got back from running sound, and there was a guy who had an Aerodyne. We ran it direct, and the sound was pretty weak... Like, there's 1,000's of other basses that sound like that, and this one didn't really excel that much... I'm not saying it sounded bad, but it wasn't anything extraordinary. You can get a way better used bass for that kind of dough. BP did a review, they liked it, and had a problem with the control cavity being very small, and the finish, which is a fingerprint-magnet. I think it looks killer, i love the look of a Jazz with no fret dots or anything, looks great IMO.

3. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    I did and posted a thread about it months ago.

You'll fin it (and many others) if you use the search function.

4. Octopikiller

Octopikiller

Sep 7, 2002
    San Diego
    yeah, i didnt like it at all. I played when the other day and it just felt cheap. I thought the fingerboard was real clunky, didnt feel like a jazz at all.

5. Here you go Review: Aerodyne Jazz Bass from Talkbass.com

[​IMG]
    Treena

6. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    I tried it and was unimpressed.:(

7. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    I tried it and the tone was weak. I'll stick to my Precisions thank you.

8. I played one at a local Guitar Center and was underwhelmed by the sound and feel. I seem to remember a large gap in the neck joint as well. The Aerodyne wasn't nearly as nice as other Fender Japan products I've played and owned. That's a sample of one, though.

9. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    anticlimactic here as well. I keep tryin, thinking that fender will pull a winner out for me, but it hasn't happened yet, not even the Geddy Lee Jazz.

(edit) Oh, the P-Lyte was nice!

10. The phrase "no go showboat" seems to be really appropriate in describing the Aerodyne. It is very uninspiring IMHO. Somebody else said it was underwhelming and I agree 100%.

11. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    To me it sounded thin and "poopy"