1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone Played at a Nudie Bar (Strip Club)?

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by MN_Bass, Oct 7, 2009.

1. MN_Bass

MN_Bass

Sep 21, 2008
    Minnesota
    Hey everybody,
    I have recently been offered to play at a topless joint, I have been around the block a few times and don't really think it will be worth while besides the eye candy. Has anyone else played at one?

2. That might be real damn fun! I don't know how well I would be able to concentrate.

3. ctufankjian

ctufankjian

Sep 28, 2007
    Vermont
    Endorsing Artist: Unicornbass.se
    Yes, Marks Show Place in Bedford New Hampshire. It paid well, but was entirely not cost effective.:p

4. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I've played for stripper acts many times, though not at a strip bar per se. I'm thinking whether it's "worth it" depends on the club, the type of performances from the girls, and of course the pay.

The girls we played for were super fun, smart performers, and their audience was half women, and the venues were not super sleazy. Loved every minute of it.

If we're talking a dirty, seedy club full of gross guys hollering, with disinterested skanks on poles, then the money had better be really good. ;)

5. NickyBass

NickyBass Supporting Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Southern New Jersey
    I played at a strip club in Jersey. Well, the band played in a different room than the other talent.

6. naturalkinds

naturalkinds

Jan 22, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    I actually only play in strip clubs.

7. anonymous02282011

anonymous02282011 Guest

Jun 27, 2007
    One year strong at the Foxy Lady. 3 nights a week, standing right next to the stage. It was a fun gig in a clean, expensive club. Had to wear a tux every night. The view was great and so was the pay.

But are you being offered a gig there with no pay? I wouldn't do that . . . no no no

8. I played at a festival at a Nudist Resort..... A couple ol fuzzy nuts, one hottie, and a bunch of hippies.

You know what they say, if you are nervous just imagine the audience naked right!

9. You must bring pictures for the "Chicks at shows" thread..

10. hasadari

hasadari Supporting Member

Jun 23, 2005
    I played at a strip mall a few times. A strip club would definitely be better.

11. Yerf Dog

Yerf Dog

Jun 29, 2009
    Carol Stream, IL
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. gumtown

gumtown

May 7, 2007
    New Zealand
    We played at a Bikers party a few years ago, they had some strippers doing their thing on the same stage while we played (how distracting is that), latter on the strippers we available 'on the block'. urrgg in don't like porridge!!

13. scottbass

scottbass Bass lines like a big, funky giant

Jul 13, 2004
    Southern MN
    Hey, MN_Bass!

Does the MN stand for Minnesota? If so, I'm having trouble guessing which club is having a live band. I think the biggest/most prosperous club is the King of Diamonds, but I have NEVER heard of them (or any other MN gentlemen's club, for that matter) ever having a band. Or is it one of the newer no-alcohol places in Minneapolis?

Or maybe the MN in your name doesn't even mean "Minnesota"?

14. Aenima

Aenima

Aug 24, 2007
    St. Louis
    Umm By TB standards no one here has ever even played a strip club...unless we see some pics now! :D

15. OMG, if I ever had the opportunity to play a gig at a strip club, I would HAVE to do it. Just to say I'd done it. I don't care how skanky the place is, I'd have to do it once.

16. I say you should do it just for PR reasons, the bragging rights and the life experience. Seriously! You only live once...

My band played at a nudist resort last summer for just those reasons. The drummer was very aprehensive, and refused to do it at first. I knew that we could get some really good PR mileage out of it, so I urged him to just grin and bear it, so to speak.

It was TOTALLY worth it. It was absolutely great PR, and a good mellow gig.

We had a radio interview earlier this year, and we still got asked about the nudist resort gig. We still toss that out to people every now and then, too, when booking gigs.

It's been well over a year later, we were still getting some mileage out of that one gig.

The point is this: That type of gig will get you more mileage out of it then you might think. The gig itself might be sort of lame, but it'll pay off for you in the long run.

17. stingray69

stingray69 Talkbass Legit

Aug 11, 2004
    St Louis Area
    Not directly IN one, but while playing in more heavy-rock oriented bands years ago, I did a gig in a big nightclub that was right next door to a strip club call the Diamond Cabaret - after their shift ended, about a half-dozen or so girls came to check out the band. Let's just say even though they were off work, it seemed like they where still "on the clock". ;) Two or three of them came up on stage. We were in no hurry to rush them off - we didn't want to be rude. :D

18. 6jase5

6jase5 Mammogram is down but I'm working manually

Dec 17, 2007
    San Diego/LA
    This joke may come across like a led zeppelin, but if you guys are getting any attention from anyone in the audience, at least you know who in the bar just might be gay.

ok, I'll go repent now.

19. Basshappi

Basshappi

Feb 12, 2007
    Tucson,AZ
    Yes, I was playing in a Top 40 band at the time.

We were hired to play at a birthday party for the wife of the clubowner, they closed down a little early and all the dancers, staff and invited guests stayed to party.

Fun!

20. and you will get your eyes opened, but not how you think you will: You will learn how the girls work as a pack of wolves to seperate men from their money. Enough T & A and booze, and guys are easy picking's. And you will also learn how stupid guys can get. You will learn how to carry on a conversation with a girl or group of girls with no clothes on- comfortably. You will learn how to look them straight in the eye, not at their chests, while doing so. You will learn that T & A gets old after three days, and the girls are just like you- doing a gig so they can pay the bills. When I left that gig, I knew most of what I needed to know about women.

Tip: Go to each girl, and ask them what tunes they like, and how fast. Ask them if they want you to stretch them, or add anything to the tunes. And fer Gawd's sake, learn their names!