Anyone played the ESP LTD Tommy Stinson Signature PJ bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by brockkiemel, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Sorry the TS-4. Curious about it... haven't been able to find many reviews. 51QquHxPmyL._SL1000_.jpg

Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
  2. Brock I have n 't played or even seen in person the Stinson sig bass.

In my 3 Vintage 4 s , my
    Black has a Fender ' 62 p / Duncan Vintage jazz combo , the sunburst has EMG active p / j and the CAR has the EMG - X active p/ j set with BTC preamp .

My experience has been that either EMG is a great choice in these basses and think the Stinson would be great as well . In this model both the LTD and ESP versions have the same pickups and the build quality on my LTD Fretless 214 and fretted LTD 204 is great .

I would be happy to add either Tommy to the collection . I 'm a huge original , back in the day 'mats fan as well .

3. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    Cool bass

4. TinIndian

TinIndian Supporting Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Micco Florida
    Kind of funny to me to see a Tommy Stinson Sig model. I was a huge Replacements fan back in the day and it just doesn't compute in my head.

5. Would love a "little Tommy Stinson bass". Was just looking at them the other day. I would have to buy the LTD one though, the other costs more than his tonsils would.

JMacBass65 and TN WOODMAN like this.
  6. descendent22

descendent22

Jul 29, 2015
    Connecticut
    I'm a HUGE Replacements fan for the record. I'm an even bigger Gun N' Roses fan. When Tommy became a GNR member it brought him to a whole different and higher standard of being a professional.Thats what got him the notoriety for the signature bass. That and his bass tech at the time had a connection/relationshipi with ESP