Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone played the Ibanez EDA900F fretless?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bikehorn, Feb 25, 2003.

1. i'm thinking i might buy twin ergodynes, like eda900 and eda900f. one fretted, one not. but is the fretless one good?

2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

One of our other members, neptoon has a matched EDA 900 set.

3. i hope he shows up. bump!

4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I sent him a PM. Hopefully he'll be along shortly.

5. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    I really want to try a 900F, Ive only played the fretted version, but I think theyre cool. I love the piezo/magnetic combo, and the lack of a bridge magnetic is more than made up for with the bite of the piezo. I remember turning the piezo up all the way, and the magnetic all the way down, boosting the treble on the piezo and slapping on it, woah! bites like lemon juice in the eye. If you like bite, EDAs are quite the good deal.

6. yeah, reason is i play with a pick a lot, so the treble punch is appreciated

7. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    hi there...mr jeff grabbed me by the ears and asked me to poke my head in here to say something. i just recently got a pair of ibanez eda 905's, which i think are actually pretty sweet basses. they both really sound KILLER live. they have a really aggressive tone and the piezos will snap your head off. not like shadows or the RMC stuff, but the fishman system really sounds great with a little tweaking. here's a link to the thread i started when i got them with a few pics and a link to the buckyball music site (mister percy jones' site)

---oops no link there! here's one:

percy jones

i'm really satidfied with these basses tonally and ergonomically...the string spacing is nice too.

8. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    oh yeah, the link to the thread i was talking about:

button

9. pc

pc

Apr 4, 2000
    Montreal QC
    Percy is my all time bass hero! The first time I saw these videos, I got crazy... I used to think he only played wals and custom ibanezes... Those EDAs REALLY sound great!

10. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    hey, no prollem, mister 'horn

yeah, Percy is pretty awesome, if not a little eccentric in his playing style...i dig it, though :D