Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone played the Schecter Robert Deleo Signature bass.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Grunge_Rocker, Oct 16, 2003.

1. I was wondering how good this bass was. Has anyone played one? If so what was the sound,and quality like? Did it have a nice neck? Was the hardware on it pretty good. I would like to know more about it before I order one, and figured I would see if anyone here has played one and what thier opinions might be. Thanks.

2. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    It's a decent bass for the money.

The hardware was OK, nothing special. Kept the bass in tune.

The one I own had the Duncan Design p/u which were aweful & I put a set of EMG's which was a huge improvement.

The neck felt nice but it was pretty narrow at the nut. I don't know the measurment off hand (cause the neck broke & I threw it away) but it was narrower then my Jazz basses.

Also, the bass I have is heavy!!!!!! I would say it was well over 10 lbs.

I still have the body & I'm eventually going to put a Warmoth neck on it but I'm just too lazy.

3. I've got one and pretty much what Nino said is on the mark.

Now, keep in mind I think(after reading alot of his threads/replies) that Nino is a better judge of equipment than I am, but I can't find much to fault outside of the pups. Keep in mind ,also, that I'm what you'd call a hobbyist- I'm not a pro by any stretch.

I like the thin neck- it makes it easy to for me to play, though my Cort gb44 is easier(faster). It has jumbo sized frets and that took a bit to get used to.

The hardware is pretty heavy duty compared to my other basses- bridge has good sustain and is easy to adjust and the tuners do what they're supposed to.

The body is ash, so it's a heavy sucker, but I like that.

Sound wise, I didn't like the pups or stock strings. I decided to leave the pups alone and put a set of Rotosound jazz flats on it(my favorite strings). After fooling with the tone knob and my amp, I'm getting a sound I like- kinda old school.

Would I buy it again? Oh yeah.

bgra.net or harmonycentral.com (can't remember which) has a few reviews on it.

I saw one with the Duncan pups pop up on ebay a while ago that didn't sell. It's opening bid was $200. I still have it listed in my items I'm watching list, Let me know if you want the guys info- he may still want to sell it.

Bob

4. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I also have one, sunburst with maple finger board and change the pick ups to bill lawrence what a upgrade the duncan design were junk. I will say it is a good deal for the money, and the hardware is solid. I think mine will going up for sale let me know if you are interested.