1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone playing a Squier CV P bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kipp Harrington, Dec 6, 2018.

1. I'm almost ready to pull the trigger on this one but I am wondering how the neck profile compares to the neck profile on an Affinity PJ. On Sweetwater, one part of the description mentions that the CV has a "Modern C" neck but in the "specs" section it is just listed as a "C" (minus the word "modern"). I absolutely love the look of the CV but I am also considering a VM J. Guess I just want to bounce this of you guys/gals for some ideas/insight. Thanks!

2. dougjwray

dougjwray

Jul 20, 2005
    You might get more responses if you spell it correctly: "Squier."
    (It's a very common mistake, and I'm only trying to be helpful.)

Killed_by_Death likes this.
  3. You know what's funny? I NEVER make that mistake!!! Of course, I make it in the thread title with 42 point type!

Texican and dougjwray like this.
  4. Texican

Texican

Aug 9, 2018
    I’m not sure if you’ve made your mind up yet or not, but I actually just bought a classic vibe precision bass earlier today. I’ve been traveling a lot, so I’ve been able to get my hands on about five or six of them across the Southeast and they were all extremely comfortable. For what it’s worth, I traded a Squier affinity precision bass plus cash and the feel of the neck is a night and day difference in improvement, however the shape isn’t drastically different. It just feels nicer and more well made overall.

lowdownthump likes this.