Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone playing SXSW this year?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by DigMe, Mar 2, 2006.

1. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    And if so do you need any help setting up or anything?

If you can get me a badge of any sort, even a one-day pass that would be awesome and I'll help you set up and break down. My spring break plans fell through and I'm looking for something to do that week.

bc

2. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Now that I think about it they're so protective of those passes this may be an impossibility. Guess it doesn't hurt to put it out there though.

bc

3. Man, if you would have posted this a couple of days ago... We just added another name to crew yesterday and that's all they'll let us have. They sent a pretty terse email to all bands about checking creds at loadin. Supposedly it's sold out to the public? I didn't go last year but have been quite a few times and never heard of it being sold out. We're playing Momo's on 3.15 @ 8. It's above a deli? Hope it's a nice venue. Then some luncheon on Thurs with Lucinda Williams & some other bands (they just tell me where to go) :rolleyes:

I know some other bands that are playing that weeek, let me ask around & see if I can't come up with a wristband. :hyper:

4. whoapower

whoapower

Jul 14, 2005
    Austin, TX
    We do not have a showcase, but we'll be playing two parties: one for the Austin American Statesman on Thursday at 3pm and then one on Friday at Buffallo Exchange at 4pm.

Unfortunately, no badges here, and no help needed. My gf helps out with setting up. =) She's great!

http://daylighttitans.com/gigs.html

5. whoapower

whoapower

Jul 14, 2005
    Austin, TX
    It is a nice venue. Smallish inside, but it also has an open deck where most people stand out and listen so their ears can breathe. The Deli is Katz's deli, where the salads are about 8 bucks, but you gotta try the fried pickels.

6. Cool. I like fried pickles. I'll try to catch your Fri show. We might have to split for San Antone though.

The Thursday gig is something called the Sin City Bash @ Maria's Taco Xpress and it's open to the public. We go on at 1 in the afternoon.

Should be a fun little trip. We play Jackson MS on the 11th
    Memphis on the 10th (Murphy's) and Nashville on the 9th (Blue Bar)

7. Both my band and our potential label BSed around too much and as such we won't be playing SXSW :(

But I might be heading over there anyway....I'll let you guys know if I go incase anybody wants to meet up.

8. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    What is SXSW?

:bag:

9. BassManPatsFan

BassManPatsFan Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    San Francisco
    South by Southwest right?
    a music festival?

-Alex

10. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    I'll be working a booth this year at the lame trade show.

11. jrduer

jrduer

Jun 27, 2005
    Georgetown, TX
    Or South By So What...;)

~John