1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

anyone pull any good april fool's jokes last night???

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Bayou_Brawler, Apr 2, 2006.

1. Bayou_Brawler

Bayou_Brawler The most hurtful thing ever realized

Oct 23, 2003
    Ann Arbor, MI
    anyone do any good ones???

at our show last night in ann arbor, during hash bash (pot festival), we ordered a bottle of jim beam to the stage from the bar which we had filled with ice tea. we all took shots then one of the guitarists proceeded to chug the bottle....the crowd cheered at first...but then gasps of concern were heard as the bottle neared the end...he then dropped his guitar (a very old and cheap one)....and we started acting pissed at him...he yelled at us and smashed the guitar on stage...at the end of the set we let everyone is on the joke....it was a riot..

2. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    We pretended to be tolerant while our lead guitarist pretended to not remember several of the tunes, overplay, and have a total disregard for dynamics or a reasonable stage volume. Wait. . . . .that wasn't a joke. April fools, we sucked!

3. jokerk874

jokerk874

Feb 27, 2006
    Bayou_Brawler, that's hilarious
    I didn't pull any jokes, but it was my birthday so that made the day pleasent

4. I meant to leave buckets of water precariously perched on several doors for my flatmates, but I completely forgot. Oops.

5. We made an absolute room stopper.
    We had a work-related get-together (they always kinda suck, even if the people are cool).
    My wife and I work for the same boss, but at different branches.
    So in front of our boss (and everyone else), my wife got everyones' attention and announced we were expecting a new child.
    Everyone said their congrats etc etc. until the boss (Tick tick tick) finally broke out of his "how am i gonna staff that?" stupor............
    APRIL FOOL'S!

Needless to say - we weren't popular.

6. sobie18

sobie18

May 5, 2002
    Shaw AFB, SC
    We started a rumor to all of our young Airmen that we would have to stay an extra 2 weeks here in Iraq due to difficulties with our replacement unit. Talk about a bunch of frown faces....

7. I was going to tell anyone that called me that I reconciled with my ex and eloped. But no one called me Saturday and I spent the day alone with a killer sinus headache.

8. Phil Mastro

Phil Mastro

Nov 18, 2004
    Montréal
    I told my gf I was pregnant. Okay, so it wasn't really good.