1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone put “taller” feet on a Genz Benz Shuttle 6?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by markob, Nov 25, 2018.

1. markob

markob

Mar 2, 2010
    North Cali
    Have not opened it up to see if there is a set screw from the inside of the chassis yet. Love the amp but the ridiculously small feet don’t clear my cab handle strap. And no I don’t want to turn the cab on it’s side.

2. agedhorse

agedhorse Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Benz
    No screws. Be careful installing screws into any chassis. Tall stick on feet are available

Npunk42 and markob like this.
  3. markob

markob

Mar 2, 2010
    North Cali
    Are you able to remove the existing feet or just adhere on top of them? Thanks for the reply.

4. agedhorse

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Yes. Pull the pin in the center of the foot and the rest of the foot will pop off with some effort.

markob likes this.
  5. ezstep

ezstep

Nov 25, 2004
    north Louisiana
    I have the Shuttle 2x10 cab with some "industrial strength" Velcro pasted down behind the raised handle. Then, on the back, bottom of the Shuttle 6.0, I pasted the other half of the Velcro.

Problem solved. Pretty cheap, too.

Stumbo and markob like this.
  6. markob

markob

Mar 2, 2010
    North Cali
    Dropped by a local hardware store and found a limited supply of peel off stick on pads. None were tall enough to clear the the handle strap on my Bergantino cab. I'll check on line. Any suggestions on where I might find them? Would Genz Benz? Thanks.

7. Mingo Sanders

Mingo Sanders

Mar 11, 2008
    Austin, TX
    "Penn-Elcom 9145 Rubber Cabinet Foot 1.5" Dia. x 1.5" H" from www.parts-express.com!

These are probably tall enough externally. I don't know if they'll work in terms of attaching to the amp case.

Have you considered using some foam rubber? I imagine one inch would clear the cabinet handle. A two inch wide strip near the front of the amp an another near the rear attached with some spray adhesive would work, and you wouldn't keep Aged Horse up at night wondering if you poked a drill bit through the SMPS.

agedhorse and markob like this.
  8. agedhorse

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Those tall feet won't stay on. I would suggest a couple strips of road case plank foam and Super 77 carefully applied. I may have some here you can have for nothing but the cost of shipping is going to be something more than it's worth imo.

9. markob

markob

Mar 2, 2010
    North Cali
    I found some cone style self adhesive feet on line. ~.73"x.56" tall. Didn't need a dozen but that was the minimum. Will see if they stick permanently. I have some aircraft grade double sided e glass tape that will keep them in place. Thanks for taking the time to answer and suggest. Much appreciated. I'll have way more of these feet than I'll ever need. If any of you folks ever need a quad I'll pass some on.

agedhorse likes this.