1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Anyone put Badass V bridge on SX?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassMan99, May 6, 2006.

1. BassMan99

BassMan99

Mar 15, 2006
    Rochester
    I have an SX SJB62 4+1 5 string bass and considering putting a badass V bridge on it. Has anyone tried this? I am wondering if the string spacing will work. It would be great if it widened the spacing a little.

2. zombywoof5050

zombywoof5050

Dec 20, 2001
    I thought the Badass bridges came unslotted. You slot them yourself and to make the spacing/alignment perfect for whatever bass you put it on. At least this is how the 4-string Badasses are. Are the 5-string ones preslotted?

3. Moo

Moo Banned

Dec 14, 2002
    Oakland, CA
    I have that bass, the original bridge is under 16mm and I fit in one with 16.5mm spacing.

http://www.leoquan.com/html/bass5details.html
    They say their bridge is 3 inch spacing but 16.5mm works out to 2.6 inches. That may put the strings where the height screws are, I'd use something different.

4. BassMan99

BassMan99

Mar 15, 2006
    Rochester
    No I dont think they are pre slotted. I have put a few BAII's on basses. I think I might go for it. Tough thing is putting a $65. bridge on a $130. bass!
    If I do it I will post the results. I like the bass but it is HEAVY...

5. Triclops

Triclops Guest

Jan 14, 2006
    I just pulled the trigga on a 5 string 75 ash sunburst SX, And I am installing an east jretro preamp,a cream pearloid pickguard,And when I have the loot, a badass v bridge...I'll let ya know, and post pix.