1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Anyone REALLY looking forward to the NHL playoffs??

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bad Brains, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    Will this year be interesting and exciting? Or once again will a couple of 7th place teams no one cares about make it to the finals, dull the game down, and cause ratings to plummet? Will the NHL wonder why ratings are down and change even more rules thus tainting the game even more? Will the refs call games completely different then how they did during the regular season? Will players actually fight? I guess only time will tell.

Good luck to everyone and their respected teams.

2. Since the Pens are out, I probably won't watch much of the playoffs. I'll watch the finals, though - always do.

3. Let's hope not.

4. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    I hope that was a joke. Real hockey was so much better.

5. Why does this real hockey involve fighting?

I just don't think that it should be part of the game. :meh:

6. Mike Money

Mike Money In Memoriam

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan

Its all tactics, I think.

If the other team has a scoring machine that happens to be a hot head... Send in your goon to pick a fight and get the scoring machine off the ice for 5 minutes.

Hockey never has appealed to the ice double latte crowd, and it shouldn't start now.

7. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I'm not too thrilled with hockey at all this season. I was ecstatic and watched about the first 10 games of the season before I realized this wasn't the hockey game I loved.

Needless to say, I'll still be rooting for a 4th Cup since 95.

Devilslogo.

8. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Just something else to distract me as I wait for football season. I'll watch a game or two that ESPN puts on.

-Mike

9. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    :rollno:

10. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    I'm so excited about the playoffs that for some reason I can't remember who won last year. ;)

11. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    hehe:)

Alex: I don't totally agree with you but I think for first time ever i do somewhat agree with you. I think fighting should still be in the game but I think people who just think hockey is about fighting and nothing else are full of it. Go watch boxing. Right now there is enough fighting, I don’t see complain grounds.

I totally disagree that this season was bad; this is as close as NHL came to international rules and it’s good. Few rules need to go, especially puck out of play = delay of game rule and goalie delay of game crap. No red line and other changes they made are good.

The only reason this season was bad is because of Comcast, they covered crap for games on OLN, did not allow dish customers to watch any games and when they did cover games they did poor job at it by selecting not the best games of the night.

12. one time i went to a boxing match and a hockey game broke out!!

I am going to be following the playoffs, cheering for my favorite team, the senators!

13. I always thought that this looked like a wrench, what terrible misrepresentation for the devil :rolleyes:

and what is with the backwards h shape?

14. Oh I just noticed the N and the J kinda intermingled like that for New Jersey. They coulda done a better job with making that visible...

15. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    I always thought the Montréal Expos logo looked like "elb". I had to really force myself to see it as a blue, white, and red "M".

16. That largely sums up my year too - I went to both home pre-season games here in Ottawa, caught six of the first ten home games and was out in the sports bars watching most of the others. Since the, there's just been too many games that I've turned the TV off in frustration. Most of the best first periods I've seen this year - free flowing, fast, physical, scoring, fighting - have been ruined by a 2nd period of referees calling 15 minutes worth of penalties. It's almost like the league calls them up at intermission and says "Hey, I hear you have a good old time hockey game going there. Make sure you stop it".

I love a few of the rule changes, but the delay of game rules are just plain stupid, and I kinda miss the old days where teams were actually allowed to play defense in front of their own net.

I'm a pretty hardcore fan, and the playoffs are shaping up to be wide open and interesting... but I'm just not as excited about it this year. I suppose that'll all change though if Ottawa actually makes it into the conference finals.

17. My thoughts exactly.

18. GO FLAMES!!!

19. Stars and Devils fan here.

20. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

Oh wow..... it IS an M!!!! I also always thought of it as some random "elb".

But anyways, the Habs have a bigger chance vs. the Canes than the average person may think.