Dismiss Notice

Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, get alerts, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone recommend a good bass-knowledgeable luthier in the Minneapolis-St. Paul area?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by ishtar, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Hi, and thanks in advance for any pointers.

I need to have a Badass II bridge installed and its saddles oriented and cut for a lefty Vintage®Icon bass I just acquired.

I know where I'd take my guitars for work, but am wondering if anyone has a lead on a good luthier who can install the bridge, rotate and cut the saddles for a southpaw instrument.

Would like to be confident in the luthier's skills as I don't think it would be good if anything went wrong cutting the saddles. I am unaware of replacement parts for the Badass II, though I suppose they exist.

Your thoughts and knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, again.

ishtar!~

2. wrongpaw

wrongpaw

Jun 21, 2010
  3. Register_To_Disable

4. I've brought acoustic guitars to Hoffman and thought about them. I guess I'll be heading back to East Franklin. Appreciate the thoughts, Wpaw.

5. gruidl

gruidl

Jan 4, 2013
    Minneapolis, MN
    I take my basses to My Music Store in Plymouth. Love that shop. Have seen a lot of guitars go there for restoration as well.

6. Lonnybass

Lonnybass

Jul 19, 2000
    Minneapolis by way of Chicago
    Endorsing Artist: Pedulla Basses
    +1 for Ted Vig at My Music Shop. He does final setup work on my customs.

Lonnybass

7. LongHairFreak

LongHairFreak Insert cool nickname? Nobody's given me one yet. Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2006
    Twin Cities - MN
    Hey Man
    May be a mite late in chiming in here, but one of the best in the biz is Dave Rusan; that's Rusan Guitar Works in Bloomington. The man knows his sh**.

8. Jake8773

Jake8773

Jun 20, 2011
    Ted Vig at my music store is the best! Ted has worked on my guitars for years from headstock repairs to sublime set-ups. Ted IS the man!!!!