Anyone recorded with a BAM?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SuperDuck, Apr 18, 2005.

1. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Hey all-

Love my Peavey 210 to death. Excellent live amp. Amazing tone, easy to move around, etc, etc. So far, I have recognized its awesomeness as a gigging map.

My band will be recording a demo this weekend, and I was wondering if anyone has any experience recording with their BAM. It's too hissy to mic, but I was thinking the amp/cab models might be pretty sweet coming out of the direct output in the back. I'm going to bring it along just so we can fool around with it, if we have time. We'll probably just end up going through a tube pre to the board, but I have to say I'm curious as to how my amp might fare onto a recording.
  2. bassplayer's review of the bam said that the line out was studio quality sound, if that means anything
  3. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    Hey Mike, how's it hangin? Let me know how this pans out as my band's recording an album in July or August and I was hoping to use my BAM too, such a sweet amp. Although I did insane compliments about my tone and playing with my 400+/Avatar B410Delta rig this weekend, I think it was more the rig than anything else :)

Take it easy man, drop me a line if you're playing soon.