1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone Remember Sadowsky Basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Baird6869, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

You don't hear much around here about Sadowsky these days:rolleyes: so I am posting a couple of pics of my MS5 that I picked up today from Club Bass in Toronto. Dave is a great guy, straight shooter and even gave me a Club Bass sticker with my purchase!:spit::D Highly recommended IMO (and he supports/advertises on TB).

I had to clean house a bit (and sell some blood) to get the Sadowsky as my wife flipped when I mentioned I was looking at a new 5er, but I am glad I did.:hyper: I was worried at first that the neck was too thick as my hand cramped within a few minutes but I shortened the strap and now it is a slapping machine. The VTC is a must if you are looking to play diverse styles of music. It helps get the modern active and vintage passive tones and everything in between.

Very comfortable to play and at only 9lbs it will be perfect for those 4 hour gigs. I sold all of my other 5ers recently (Bongo 5 HH, Lakland 55-02, Fender Jazz V Deluxe, etc.) but will keep my 1992 Fender Jazz Plus as a backup.

It is very close in colour to my NYC 4 string (see my avitar) and is about as conservative as a bass can get. I just like the natural look of it.:bassist:

P.S. Kidding about selling blood.;)

My wife has my camera in NYC so I am using Club Bass' photos.
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]

2. my ridiculous sadowsky gas is worse now..

hopefully getting a metro this summer

3. stingray56funk

stingray56funk Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta
    Absolutely Gorgeous!

Yep...I remember Sadowsky Basses...and so does my wallet...so he won't let me buy one!

4. Marcury

Marcury High and Low

Aug 19, 2007
    Mid Hudson Valley, NY
    Sadowsky you say. I remember hearing about them some time, ago weren't they bought out by Wishnevsky? :rolleyes:

Nice score. Enjoy it.

5. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    That's a beauty. A TB'er had one like that with a clear pickguard at the STL GTG last Saturday.:)

6. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    Gorgeous grain. Congrats

7. Steve Clark

Steve Clark

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    I have the same bass and really want a clear guard. I am thinking about a regular Metro guard to give that Alleva Copollo look. I like the guard for slap.

8. TrevorOfDoom

TrevorOfDoom Supporting Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Austin, TX
    nope. never heard of 'em. Sad-what-sky? explain, please.

9. are those made in Poland?

10. I got my 4 string just like that today from Guitar Villa

11. also debating about a clear pick guard. just don't wanna drill all those holes in ma ash

12. id be afraid to drill it

13. Baird6869

Former Yogoslavia, I think.:D

Seriously though... I have very similar swamp ash Sadowskys - one is the non-USA Metro 5er with a maple board and the other is a NYC 4 string with a rosewood board.....

Very little difference in build or sound quality IMO. You would never know they weren't built side on the same line. Fit, finish, hardware, fretwork, etc...

Very impressive. Yeah, yeah.... I will keep the Sadowsky-love to a minimum.:spit::D

14. chaunceytoben

chaunceytoben

May 29, 2007
    Detroit, MI
    +1

That grain is awesome...

15. Baird6869

Not me. Drill away!

I was just going to completely cover it in stickers anyways.:eek::D

16. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

Hot, Baird. When your divorce is final, I guess you'll have no one to blame but ME!! LOL

Ive never steered you wrong. Cant wait to hear some gig reviews. You'll find, im my opinion, the 5er to be deeper and you'll use less bass boost. Mass of the neck makes for a huge tone from them. You're gonna love the neck once you get used to it. ENJOY!!!

Rob

17. anybody remember that old company called mesa? they made some good amps and cabs!

18. Baird6869

Who? Didn't Markbass buy them?:smug:

19. i thought behringer bought bassmark or whatever they were called...

20. Baird6869

Maybe you are right. I think Peavey bought Mesa.:spit::D

OK, let's you and I stop hijacking my own thread!:rollno::D