1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone remember that Inspector Gadget Cartoon?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Casting Thunder, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Casting Thunder

Casting Thunder

Oct 7, 2012
    I was noodling around the other night and decided to try picking with a Miraculous Medal. I thought it sounded cool and want to try it out while I'm plugged into my amp.

But,

When I was little I used to watch the Inspector Gadget cartoon on Saturday mornings and the one scene the is forever scarred on my memory is when the inspector tries to play an electric guitar and graphically electrocutes himself. I'm not kidding when I say I wouldn't go within a yard of an electric guitar until I was 14.

That won't possibly happen right? I mean I'll be properly grounded, not made of metal and most importantly not in a cartoon.

Right??

2. Sell your gear.

:bag:

:D

3. baltsen

baltsen

Nov 11, 2011
    Freiberg, Germany
    Hahaha, awesome story!:D... I can't remember this episode, but how great was Inspector Gadget anyway?!:)

4. Mushroo

Mushroo Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Massachusetts, USA
    We used to sing along with the theme song as "Doo doo doo doo do, inspect her gadget, doo doo doo doo doo doo doo!" and crack ourselves up.

5. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
  6. guroove

guroove

Oct 13, 2009
    Buffalo, NY
    I saw that episode. It won't happen unless you're barefoot standing on wet ground.

7. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
  8. Casting Thunder

Casting Thunder

Oct 7, 2012
  9. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    :D

For some reason, I remember that show coming on after school during the week.

10. Casting Thunder

Casting Thunder

Oct 7, 2012
    I was watching reruns.

11. MCS4

MCS4

Sep 26, 2012
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    There was an all-girl punk band called Inspect Her Gadget a while back (no idea if they're still active). I remember them being on the bill at a Warped Tour date several years ago.

Also I play the Inspector Gadget theme/melody on bass all the time... always gets a reaction.

12. gary19702

gary19702

Jan 15, 2013
    Look at what happened to keith relf of the yardbirds. Nuff said :)

13. Well back in the olden days, things weren't always grounded so well. Nowadays it's mostly different. Mostly.

14. Hell yeah! The Claw was the sh*t!

15. Casting Thunder

Casting Thunder

Oct 7, 2012
    if anyone cares, I didn't electrocute myself! Also discovered my medal is a attracted to my pick ups; cue me spending too much time trying to figure out if that messes with the sound of my bass.

16. Hamlet7768

Hamlet7768 Here to chew gum and rock. Still have gum.

Jun 5, 2011
    I remember watching bits of that show we rented from Blockbuster! I thought the movie was alright.

17. I love that show.
    Especially that damn amazing theme song.
    Simple yet elegant

18. Mushroo

Mushroo Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Massachusetts, USA
    Theme song is based on "Hall of the Mountain King":

19. AnchorHoy

AnchorHoy

Dec 29, 2008
    New Jersey
    Go Go Gadget Wee Wee !!!