Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone remember The Adventures of Pete and Pete?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Kid A, Sep 13, 2005.

1. Kid A

Kid A

Jan 17, 2005
    Los Angeles
    [​IMG]

Danny Tamborelli plays bass for Jounce. It's actually pretty groovy stuff; sort of reminds me of a mix between Phish and Medeski, Martin & Wood.

2. I love that show. Pete plays bass? Excellent!

EDIT: From the looks of it, he plays a sweet looking Smith 6, at that.
    edit2: Into a Trace head. Nifty.

3. fretlessrock

fretlessrock Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2002
    Corrupticut
    Mainly I remember it because the music was by Mark Mulcahy of Miracle Legion. So I could turn it on and see local dudes like Mark and Ray Neal, not to mention Syd Straw! One of my pals has the DVD set and I recently saw a few episodes for the first time in a while. Cool!

4. Kid A

Kid A

Jan 17, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Only if they had Artie playing guiar.

5. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    is that cat originally from the Miracle Orchestra?

6. I thought it was a group call Polaris that did the music. Ellen is doing pretty good too!!! Older Pete, ehh not so good.

7. skewh

skewh

Sep 5, 2005
    Ithaca, NY
    An interesting side-note on this thread:

Are there any Hunter S. Thompson fans on the board? He once did a cameo in Pete and Pete. :) Apparently he was friends with one of the producers, who got him to make an appearance.

8. srxplayer

srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    My daughter used to watch that show.

I remember the intro music to the show. I really liked it. It reminded me of an old band called The Ocean Blue back in the late 80's.

So this is who it was. Very cool. I have to look them up.

9. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Man, I love that show so much. I'm adding them to my friends list... and checking out the tunes when I get DSL! :bassist:

That's awesome! Hahah.