1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone remember the Digitech BP8...?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by kracpot, Jun 22, 2007.

1. kracpot

kracpot

Jun 22, 2007
    Hi All - I just purchased a used BP8. I realize it's out of production, but I'm hoping somebody there will remember this device!

I'm trying - so far unsuccessfully - to do what seems to be a fairly simple thing. I want to have a fixed tremolo speed while having a whammy setting assigned to the expression pedal in the same patch. I can set a variable tremolo or have the whammy setting or a fixed tremolo. But when I try to have the fixed trem & whammy, the expression pedal will always end up controlling both - pedal down: no trem/no pitch bend & pedal up: max trem speed & pitch bend.

Also, the manual (pg 14) tells you when, but doesn't seem to tell you HOW to set the min & max values on the continuous controller (expression pedal).

Is what I want to do possible?

thanks much for any help out there!

david f

2. SGT. Pepper

SGT. Pepper Inactive

Nov 20, 2005
    Phila,Pa.
    I had one, what a MONSTER! Too much stuff, too big, too complicated for me. I like smaller pedals.

3. olaff421

olaff421

Sep 29, 2006
    Murfreesboro TN
    I used to have one, but I don't think I ever tried anything like that. I can't remember the exact layout of the controls. Big help I know, but yes I do remember the BP8.

4. Short answer--no. The BP-8 has one module for the "Time Mod Effects" which both Tremolo and the Whammy are so it will not do both at the same time. If you need both consider a stand alone tremolo or time modulation multi effects before the BP-8 and use if for the Whammy.

5. kracpot

kracpot

Jun 22, 2007
    Ok, cool....thanks..

-df
    http://www.myspace.com/notekillers

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 24, 2021