Anyone remember this?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by SamJ, Jul 7, 2008.

1. SamJ

SamJ Founder - Fender MIA Club

Apr 22, 2006
    PDX / SFO / HNL
  2. Altitude

Altitude An ounce of perception, a pound of obscure. Supporting Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Denver, nee Austin
    Erin Gray was the shizzle. I watched thats show every week, along with the original BSG. What made the producers of '70s sci-fi series think they needed a token cute mechanical character? Remember that robot on Buck Rogers that began every statement with "BEDEBEDEBEDEBEDE..."? With BSG it was the stupid orange dog.

3. SamJ

Apr 22, 2006
    PDX / SFO / HNL
    oh, the venerable Twiggi and Muffet. I read an interview recently with the producer of Buck Rogers where they said they tried to gear these "primetime" shows in the late 70s and early 80s at the whole family. Scifi traditionnally being better recieved by young men. So they had Buck for mom, Wilma for dad and son, and the annoying bots, ala R2D2 for little kids and young girls.

4. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger

Sep 22, 2005
    One of my earliest memories involving television is that one episode with the midgets (?) who started to remove Wilma's uniform with their mind. I was disappointed that they cut to commercial before her boobies were unleashed.

Yes, even at 3 years old I was that big of a pervert.

5. You made me sneeze with that. This should probably be a "That made me laugh post", but I sneezed at the same time as I laughed, which was awkward.

6. SamJ

Apr 22, 2006
    PDX / SFO / HNL
    been surfing Youtube.. tons of Wilma/Erin content! :D

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 25, 2021