1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

anyone replace the HB2 on a Carvin LB70 ?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by KB, Jun 3, 2001.

1. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    I posted this also on the Carvin board, but I wanted to get opinions here as well.
    Has anyone changed out the HB2 pup on a LB70 bass? I like the J99 in the neck position but the HB2 lacks some punch. I am considering the SD Basslines MM pup, but I am not sure if it will work. How do you think the sound compares between the 2? would the Basslines work with the Carvin controls, electronics and J99 neck pup? I am no real slapper but I do play aggressive style and kind of "up front" in the mix. Is all that would be needed to change the pup just be soldering? Can I still get the coil split function? Please let me know any info.
    Thanks
    -KB

2. I'll try to keep posted on this. I have a LB70 ,playing through a SWR Workingman 15 and a Digitech BP8. I don't know about you, but I love my Carvin. I'd just like to get a little differant sound out of it. I've tried other effects but I'm still wanting.

3. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Well I bit the bullet and ordered a SD Basslines MM pickup to replace the HB2. For hearing descriptions of the sounds and from reading a lot of reviews, the basslines seems like more of the sound I am going for. I will give an update when it arrives and when I get it installed.

-KB