Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

anyone replace the HB2 on a Carvin LB70 ?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by KB, Jun 3, 2001.

1. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    I posted this also on the Carvin board, but I wanted to get opinions here as well.
    Has anyone changed out the HB2 pup on a LB70 bass? I like the J99 in the neck position but the HB2 lacks some punch. I am considering the SD Basslines MM pup, but I am not sure if it will work. How do you think the sound compares between the 2? would the Basslines work with the Carvin controls, electronics and J99 neck pup? I am no real slapper but I do play aggressive style and kind of "up front" in the mix. Is all that would be needed to change the pup just be soldering? Can I still get the coil split function? Please let me know any info.
    Thanks
    -KB

2. I'll try to keep posted on this. I have a LB70 ,playing through a SWR Workingman 15 and a Digitech BP8. I don't know about you, but I love my Carvin. I'd just like to get a little differant sound out of it. I've tried other effects but I'm still wanting.

3. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Well I bit the bullet and ordered a SD Basslines MM pickup to replace the HB2. For hearing descriptions of the sounds and from reading a lot of reviews, the basslines seems like more of the sound I am going for. I will give an update when it arrives and when I get it installed.

-KB