1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Anyone rockin TWO GK 115MBE's ????

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Davyo, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Davyo

Davyo Davyo Supporting Member

Nov 26, 2008
    Las Vegas, Nv
    A few nights ago at rehearsal I was using my GK MB500 head and only my one GK 115MBE and was pretty impressed so it got me to wondering how much of a jump in overall sound would I get if I ran two 115MBE's with my MB500.

Anyone out there using two 115MBE's and if so what are your thoughts/impressions ???

Thanks in advance

Cheers
    Davyo

2. I say do it!

3. Two 8 ohm 115MBE cabs should be a perfect match for your MB500 amp and it will most likely sound very similar to when I stack my two MB115 combos (awesome). I say go for it.

4. johnpbass

johnpbass

Feb 18, 2008
    Glen Mills, PA
    Well worth doing IMO! The 2-15s should be a BIG improvement.

I was running 2 1-15 GB Focus cabs with my little GK MB200 the other night and it sounded great. 2 15s would be a great match for the MB500 I would bet!

5. I recently added a 210MBE to my 210MBE + 200MB.
    It isn't a 115MBE, but I'm glad I got the extra cab.
    I got it now while the 210MBEs are still available.

6. Davyo

Davyo Davyo Supporting Member

Nov 26, 2008
    Las Vegas, Nv
    Yep,,, if I decide to get another 115MBE I would get the older/current generation one to match the 115MBE that I already have.

Any other's care to chime in on the running two 115MBE's ????

Cheers
    Davyo

7. kbakerde

kbakerde Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Delaware
    Joe, how do you handle splitting your signal to go into two combos?

8. He is talking about running two cabs off of one head.

9. packhowitzer

packhowitzer 155mm of pure destruction

Apr 20, 2011
    Atlanta
    The combo is the MB115
    the cabinet only is the MBE115 with the "E" standing for "extension" i think.

GK's nomenclature for the MB series is very logical (the new powered cabs - are MBPxxx with "P" for power).

So you have MB, MBE, and MBP.

But with this logic can come a bit of confusion if you aren't used to it. The names of very different models have names that are only one letter off from each other.

10. jlepre

jlepre

Nov 12, 2007
    Parsippany, NJ
    I can't speak to this specific cab, but I run one Epi UL-115 for small to medium rooms, and add another for larger stages, or outdoor gigs. Adding the second just makes a world of difference.

11. kbakerde

kbakerde Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Delaware
    The nomenclature is very easy to understand, but I have been caught more than once not understanding what I was looking at by skimming and not reading the product number closely enough.

But the reason I asked the question is cause Joe mentioned specifically he stacked 2 1 x 15 MB Combos, and I was just curious how he managed to wire it.

Going back to the OP, I once owned an old Acoustic amp with a 2 x 15 cabinet, and let me tell you that thing was a BEAST. I think that is my favorite sound. I would like to see a stack of 4 x 15, but I don't know if I could handle the awesomeness.