Anyone round here have a Ray or Sterling with piezos?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TSanders, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Im really more curious about fretted Rays or Sterlings with piezos.

Curious as to how much you use it, and really your overall thoughts on a piezo equipped Ray/Sterling.
  2. Piedro

Jan 23, 2001
    Montréal, Qc, Canada
    Endorsing Aguilar Amp product.
    I have a Stingray 5 with Piezo... and i have a kind of Hate/Love relation with the piezo...

First of all., i don't know if the problem is with my pick-up, but all the High that i have come from the Piezo... that's a weird things and i've never tried another stingray with Piezo to compare...

I Love their "acoustic" sound but only Live.. cause in the studio i find that their sound is to "digital" (weird to say,.. i'll post some .mp3 someday.)
    The piezo with the pick-up make a kind of "chorus" in my sound..
    but with a band, it's amazing..the amp make it more smooth.

everytime i tried to sell it. i've done a show with the bass and everytime it sound so great..

thats a Great bass... Great MM tone... great feel.. the B is cool... but not perfect in my Opinion...
    but now i know that it can't be MY main bass... i 'm GASsing on a Lakland Daryll jones 5!!! :D
  3. amper

Dec 4, 2002
    I have a StingRay with 3eq and piezo. I string it with flats. Right now, I believe it has TI Jazz Flats on it. I love the piezo sound. Come to think of it, I love all the sounds this bass makes.

Right now, my band only has one song that I'm committed to using this bass on, and it so happens that this song sounds better with just the magnetic pickup, but I'm always looking for an excuse to play this bass.

Here's a pic from the eBay auction where I got it...