Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone running avatar 2x12 and 1x15?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by orskard, Oct 2, 2004.

1. orskard

orskard

Mar 17, 2004
    Indiana
    I was thinking about that today at practice. it seems like it would be a MONSTER rig. 2x12's and a 15. talk about some low end.

i was thinking about doing it, selling my 2x10 of course. I bought the 2x10 because i was in a punk band at the time and everyone told me to get it. and now in my blues band the 10's dont cut it.

it seems like a 2x12 and a 1x15 would be pretty versitle.

>hanus<

2. I do use that combo and it kicks out the serious low end. Great for blues.

I guess the grass is always greener on the other side because I feel like I'm missing the upper mids of 10's. If it were me I would keep your 2x10 and add a 2x12. That would truly be versitile.

3. orskard

orskard

Mar 17, 2004
    Indiana
    yah, but just seeing your avatar, lol, makes it look so much more powerful, than a 2x10.

i probally will end up with a 2x12 and using my 2x10 because im lazy and wont want to ship out the cab.

>hanus<

4. Th9nker

Th9nker

Mar 18, 2002
    "I would keep your 2x10 and add a 2x12."

I'm thinking about running that set-up with an Ashdown evo 500...

5. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Until I recently downsized my rig significantly...I had a pair of 1x15s (one Avatar), a pair of B212s and a pair of 2x10s (one Avatar).

While the 2x12s sound great, I decided to part with those since the 15s gave me the lows I wanted, the 10s gave me the upper mids that I wanted (that the 12s didn't have), etc. Plus the smaller cabinets are a lot easier on my lousy back.

I'd recommend keeping your 2x10 and adding a 2x12. Supposedly Dave has them on sale right now, so they're an even better bargain.