1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Anyone Running GB Streamliner / Hartke Cab Combo?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jaywa, Jul 27, 2012.

1. jaywa

jaywa

May 5, 2008
    Iowa City, IA
    Considering a Streamliner, either 600 or 900.

Currently have a mid-90s "Transient Attack" Hartke 410-XL cabinet and considering adding a 210-XL as needed for big indoor and outdoor stages. May also wind up running the head with just the 2x10 (set vertically) on smaller stages and or very small rooms without P.A. suport.

Thoughts from anyone who has rolled with this combination? Specifically wondering if the 600 has enough "oomph" to drive 2 cabs or if the extra power of the 900 would be advised?

2. disp

disp

Apr 29, 2002
    Denver/Boulder
    I think the 600 would be plenty.

I'd be careful with that 210 when running both cabinets simultaneously though. It's not tough to make my 2.5 fart out. That said, It's got enough volume for any stage I've played and a good many rooms too.

3. jaywa

jaywa

May 5, 2008
    Iowa City, IA
    So, in the 4x10 + 2x10 stack configuration, would I run one output of the head to the 2x10 and the other output to the 4x10... or would it be better to daisy-chain the cabs from a single output of the head?

4. disp

disp

Apr 29, 2002
    Denver/Boulder
    I don't believe it matters. Both cabinets should see the same juice in either configuration.

In this situation it would be nice of the Streamliner had a balance control to send more power to the 410. Without it you'll just have to listen for strain coming from the 210.

5. jaywa

jaywa

May 5, 2008
    Iowa City, IA
    Yeah... way back in the day I used to run a Hartke 2x10-XL Combo (the big heavy box with 2 10s configured diagonal and a 3500 head built-in), and for big gigs I'd use my 410 cab as an extension and I noticed the 4x10 cab always seemed to handle the power better than the 2x10.

I suppose two 4x10s would actually be preferable to a 4x10 and a 2x10, but I'm too old to haul around two 100-lb cabs anymore. :meh:

6. disp

disp

Apr 29, 2002
    Denver/Boulder
    Yeah obviously two 410s would be much more capable. But my old 4.5XL was too heavy for me. I cringe at the thought of moving two of 'em. It will be nice to have the smaller cabinet for when you can get away with just it alone.

7. jaywa

jaywa

May 5, 2008
    Iowa City, IA
    Exactly... 80% of my gigs are with my main band, which has full P.A. support and IEMs. So for all those gigs I figure the 2x10 is all I need (considering I'm running a Line6 150w combo amp on those gigs now and doing OK with it). It's that other 20% (one-offs and sub gigs) where I'm coming up a little underequipped in bigger venues and that's why I figure a good-sounding, amply powered head and two cabs of varying sizes (but which could be paired), is the best set-up to cover me regardless of band or venue.