Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

anyone running this setup?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jnightmare, Apr 29, 2005.

1. jnightmare

jnightmare

May 12, 2004
    Carson, CA
    im thinking of getting a berg nv610 cab for a long time now and may pull the trigger real soon as i have a new band in the works. now head wise im still at a loss. i was first considering a gk 1001rb-II head but after further thought i don't know if i really want it because i like a nice warm tone, and from what i read gk has a more clean sound. now i've been considering the ashdown evo 500 II head. i hear ashdown can get a nice warm sound and is more versitile. has anyone played the ashdown through a nv610 or even owns one?

2. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    I played an Eden traveler 550 thru one and I suggest you consider the Eden too. It amazes me how" tubey" a sound you can get from there heads if you dial it in.

3. jnightmare

jnightmare

May 12, 2004
    Carson, CA
    by the way i got a sansamp bddi recently so if i did still decide on the gk would that help in making the sound more warmer?

4. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    I am currently playing an Ashdown EVO-II through a 215. The Ashdown sounds great; it is very versitle and pretty tubey, though I want to get back into an all tube head soon. For a hybrid it is pretty warm though.

5. jnightmare

jnightmare

May 12, 2004
    Carson, CA
    also what about ampeg. i tend to play rock music and i mainly play with a pick because the style of music im into. would ampeg be more suitable? and has anyone tried the new pro series amps like the svt2 or svt4 with the nv610?

6. primus_55

primus_55

Dec 28, 2004
    i have the 700rbII, the less powerful version of the 1001. its not so much warm, its so aggressive though. serious attack, volume and growl.

I love it

7. jnightmare

jnightmare

May 12, 2004
    Carson, CA
    well lately ive been leaning towards a warmer tone and have been putting much more consideration in the ashdown or the ampeg.

8. illidian

illidian

Jul 2, 2004
    I have found the Sansamp to warm up the sound when the amp is set flat. My GK can do everything a Sansamp does and more.

Will it warm up the sound? Yes. But I've found nearly the same warmth by using my GK head without the Sansamp.

In-Series Equalizers are underrated. They can do so much very easily.