1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Anyone see Ben Harper & Innocent Criminals?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by popinfresh, May 12, 2006.

1. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    I saw them in Melb last night..

Great show, I was in seats with my partner for once (instead of usually been in GA) and it was nice just to sit back and relax.

Two encour's (sp?), and the last one they came out with burn one down.. Funny been in the seats and watching everyone light up below. They didn't play excuse me mr or born to shine though =(

I thought I could have done a better FOH mix though, lol. Couldn't hear toms, hardly any snare.. And Juan's bass was reeeaaally bassy and hard to hear which bummed me a little.

Was still very much worth it though.

Anyone else been to their shows?

2. Saw them at Voodoo Fest a few years ago. Good show. He opened with Burn One Down.

Mike

3. wolfs

wolfs

Jan 18, 2006
    nyc
    Is he and his band somehow invisible? :p

Nah... j/k. Good band. My girlfriend is a big fan and I certainly don't mind listening to them around the house.

4. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    I've seen them twice, and both times were awesome. They are one of those bands that just better live I think hehe.

5. I am going to the Toronto date in September, I can not wait. Could you possibly jot down a lis tof the tunes he did play, not in order or anything I'm just curious as to what he has been playing this tour. I've heard a version of "Roses from my friends" on piano was expected!

6. Herb_me420

Herb_me420

May 3, 2006
    ontario
    also going to the one intoronto with him damien marley and bedoiuin soundclahs..should be ablast man.. better come to that show with lil gifts for myself..jsut want to hear burn one down live..

7. What tickets do you have?

As much as I used to always want to hear Burn One, I want to hear some of the new stuff, Excuse Me Mr, a motown cover, Steal My Kisses, Mamas Got a Girlfriend, Oppression and Roses From My Friends the most.