Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone see Dave Chappelle on the actors studio last night?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Feb 13, 2006.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Did anyone here catch Dave Chappelle on the Actors Studio with James Lipton last night? . I thought it was pretty good , I have never seen any other actor poke as much fun at James Lipton before as Dave did.

2. What, you never saw the SNL episode where He interviewed himself? That was hilarious.

Rock on
    Eric

3. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    As funny as it was, Dave really did have some very good points about the 'machine'.

4. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

You could really tell how it effected him.

5. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC

For the most part stuff about people calling him things, his Africa trip, etc.

The main thing that got me was when he talked about why people would act "crazy". ie Dave going to Africa, Martin Lawrence waving a gun in public, Mariah Carey stripping on TRL. He said that it was bull**** that people called them crazy. Something was wrong with the machine (in this case Hollywood) that know one new. Mostly that it wasn't that the people were crazy, perhaps their enviroment was just sick.

Lots of truth to that, not only in Hollywood, but all over.

MM: You really could see how it had effected him and that was great because it added that much more depth to it.

6. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
  7. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    In this case...I hope it's a marketing gimmick, simply because I really hope we haven't seen the end of Dave's show. Funniest stuff I have seen seen mid-late 80's SNL.