Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

anyone see HERO?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Stephen Soto, Aug 27, 2004.

1. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    did anyone see Hero? it got awsome reviews...

2. Only

Only

Sep 8, 2002
    Warrensburg, MO
    With Dustin Hoffman or is there some new one out?

3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Saw it, loved it.

4. I can't wait to go see this! :hyper:

5. i didnt know until tonight it was a QT film! its on my list of must sees!

6. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    it is NOT a QT film. All he did was produce it, and that doesn't mean anything either, because he had NOTHING to do with the chinese version, his production credits are for the american release only, he had nothing to do with the film other than that.

edit: scratch that, I was misinformed about the CTHD connection.

7. ah ok, i was misinformed then.

still looks like a great movie.

8. discoboo

discoboo

Dec 25, 2002
    charleston, sc
    saw it tonight and it was beautiful. gotta own this one for sure.

9. Ummm...
    Old news, folks. It came out in Hong Kong in December 2002, which is when I saw it.
    And actually, one of my friends' uncles was the producer. ;)

10. christoph h.

christoph h.

Mar 26, 2001
    Germany
    i loved it when I saw it about 2 years ago. Great visuals, very aesthetic - excellent movie.

11. Yeah, I saw some of that version with english subtitles, but decided that I would rather see the english version and spend the night talking, playing LOTR Risk, and answer guy/girl love/dating/attraction questions-with a group of friends that I don't get to see much-most once or twice a year. I had a great night/early morning :cool:

Oh and I do intend to see the movie :D

12. isnt the one out here in the us now subtitled as well?

13. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

I want to wait to see the Director's cut that can be bought from China. Region free. I personally refuse to support Miramax on this one.

14. DubDubs

DubDubs

Aug 23, 2004
    Los Angeles
    I saw it. I loved it, it's such a great movie.

15. In all honesty...
    The cinematography was amazing, but other than that I thought it was actually kind of...well, a little bland to be honest.

Now Infernal Affairs, that was an excellent film. I hear Leo DiCaprio and Matt Damon are slated to be the leads in the American version, but I don't think that's been confirmed yet. Either way, I can tell you now that the American version will not be nearly as good as the original.

16. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    yea,

i was about to say...

i dont even think he's even a "producer". more like the guy who just happens to love it sooo much, he was able to talk whatever distribution to bring it over to the US. so, i guess "executive producer", which really doesnt mean jack. :smug:

but all in all, Hero is pretty unreal. literally makes Crouching Tiger look like a small art house film. in this case, well... like an Ang Lee film. :meh:

17. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Bump. I just saw this and thought it was great.

Anybody know what kind of instrument is the old man playing during the battle with Sky?

18. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Wasnt the international realease of the film edited down from about 180mins to 90mins. I saw the international release and thought it was amazing. Great film.

19. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003