Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone see Sadowsky 4x10 at NAMM?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tombowlus, Jan 24, 2006.

1. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I'm curious to not be able to find any mention or photos of the Sadowsky 4x10 (or the SA200, for that matter) at NAMM. Did anyone see this? I also hear that the Sadowsky 2x10 was redesigned somewhat specifically for the SA200 (the first Sadowsky 2x10 offered over in Japan was a "regular" Bergantino HT210s that had been rebadged; the "new" Sadowsky 2x10 is a little different).

Inquiring minds want to know! :D

2. Given that NAMM is for North American dealers, I assume the Sadowsky cabs were not shown, since my understanding is that they will be for sale overseas only. However, not completely sure about that.

3. DLM

DLM

May 25, 2004
    California
    I was at NAMM and definitely saw the SA200 there. I don't recall if it was sitting on top of their 4x10, however. The Sadowsky exhibit was relatively small so it would have been easily overlooked if one weren't keeping an eye out. I did see a few jazz basses on display. That was pretty much it.

4. The SA200 is available in the US, so it makes sense that they would have one in the booth.

5. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    According to my "sources" the SA200, 2x10 and 4x10 were all present and were very well received. I do believe that all products will be offered for sale in the USA.

Tom.

6. Cool! I didn't realize that. I'll look forward to checking them out. I wonder if LDS will get one in?

K

7. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Oh, man, I hope so! I'd bring up the SA200 (if they don't get one of those, too!) to help give it a test drive! :D

Tom.

8. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Artist: Xotic Basses/AccuGroove

Yeah, RIGHT!!!
    I dought they will ever get in the SA200 unless someone orders one, or the cabs for that matter.
    They have a slightly strained relationship with Jim Bergantino from what I recall. And I assume he is still making the cabs for Sadowsky??

9. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    That is correct.

10. Ooops.... I really don't know the inside scoop on any of this:eek: . I'm sure they would never get in an SA200, given the 'niche' product that it is... I actually assume that can only be purchased directly anyway... maybe it would be the same thing with the cabs.

11. pedroferreira

pedroferreira

Feb 10, 2003
    Portugal
    You can buy the SA200 trough the dealers.

Pedro

12. I'm going for the TB record for number of times being wrong in one thread!

13. johans

johans G.U.I - Groovin' under influence

Oct 28, 2004
    the Bay Area, CA
    i was passing by their booth
    but i recall only basses though

14. Club bass will be carrying the head and speakers.

15. Roger had an SA200 on top of his 410. The amp is very nice with a beautiful smooth "buttery" low end. If I wouldn't have just purchased a 2nd DB750 I would have been in the market for his amp.

16. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Artist: Xotic Basses/AccuGroove

I'm not sure about that. "High" end tube amps are something of a speciality item in our niche world market. And one that is 4 rack spaces and heavy isn't gonna be real popular in these parts.
    It would almost have to sound like Jesus sh!t a Marcus turd into a Jaco taco with Paul Mcartney sprinkles, and dumped it on your face for alot of guys to lug something like that around. And then it isn't cheap either!!
    (Hey, that may be my new sig!!!!:D )
    The trend around here (Detroit anyway and Ken, you may have noticed this) is smaller, lighter and louder. Like the WT 550, Acoustic Image Focus 1 and others like that, don't stay in the shop too long.

As for the Berg/LDS thingy, talk to them for the info. I've said too much already!;)

17. Hey... preachin' to the choir.... I'm the king of small and light (well... light anyway!).

18. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA

then again, good tone is good tone. i.e. see Aguilar DB750. :)

19. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    +1 on that.

Even though it's heavy, bulky and expensive, it's still a popular amp.

I did get to check out one of the SA200 and the 4x10. I liked the tone, and like much of Bergantino's designs the 4x10 sounds excellent. The cab didn't sound flat, but it had the nice warm purch of a classic 4x10. To my hears it had more punch than thud, but because the NAMM police was busting people for being too loud the rig didn't really get cranked.

But they are heavy, and I wouldn't use them at gigs. But in the the studio......

But if you don't mind the weight, then you'll prolly love the tone.

20. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    It is my understanding that Jim wasn't necessarily going for "flat" with this one, but perhaps going for a more "punchy" tone. Sounds like maybe he hit that nail on the head. :D