Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone see the remake of "Rollerball"?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by The Mock Turtle Regulator, Dec 28, 2002.

1. okay, probably the most critically panned film of all year, but I was wondering if anyone saw it and what they made of it?

2. hibeam

hibeam

Oct 16, 2002
    USA
    It has been my experience that any popstar figures cannot act, with the exception of flea :D

3. the actors' commentary on the DVD version is worth checking out just for LL Cool J's comments;
    eg. "yeeeeeeaaaaaahhhhh! yeeeeeahhhhhhh! this is Rollerball baybeeeeeee!"

4. superfreak

superfreak Unregistered

Aug 18, 2002
    Clarksville, TN
    I saw it and was very impressed by it...LL Cool J rocked man!

5. lil_bass_boy

lil_bass_boy Banned

Oct 25, 2001
    Maryland, USA
    I thought it was horrible.

6. The original Rollerball is one of my favorite movies. The remake blew chunks.

7. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    swept away

8. hmmmm- that went straight to video in the UK- at least Rollerball got a (very brief) cinema showing.

apparently they re-shot the ending of Rollerball- originally the Sanjay character killed Jean Reno's character, and became Chris Klein's new boss for a while.
    not that this change saved the film from bombing...

but I'd say the worst film I've rented in the last couple of years is Soul survivors- arrrgghhh....tedious, clichéd etc.....

9. downstairs

downstairs

May 13, 2001
    Pasadena, MD
    Flea in Back to the future, when he was like "COME ON McFLY" in that raced out pickup.

And also, he was on one of the episodes of CHiPS.

I didn't see Rollerball, and I probably wouldn't mind if I never do.

10. DaveBeny

DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    I had the misfortune of watching it on DVD a couple of weeks ago. One of the worst films I've seen this year.

11. Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    Oh. :D Can't say I'm sorry! No one saw it over here, but it was at the theaters for a time (afaik).

The critics hated it probably more than British critics hated Roller Ball.

Another crappy movie this year was that lame Eddie Murphy (wait--wasn't that redundant?) sci-fi... movie that doesn't even deserve to be mentioned by title. It cost millions upon millions to make, but only grossed $2 million. My friend said about it: "And the sad part is all $2 million were mine." :D

12. my brother has the dvd. i lol at him when he told me he got it. let alone him saying he likes it. besides the action its sucks. i saw it the day it came out. i all most walked out. the frist movie it wasnt that bad,it had a point. this movie seems like the makers were like how can we get people to come see this/buy the dvd.get a hot male teen for the chics, get a rapper for the mtv teens,and have a hot female half nude so all the teen boys will buy the dvd so they can pause and shake hands with beef.
    i think the worst movie this year was the scooby do movie. i walked out of that one. and i love scooby do

13. Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    But that's how ALL movies are cast!