1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone seen/played the new 100watt Orange combo?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by iamthebassman, May 5, 2010.

1. iamthebassman

iamthebassman

Feb 24, 2004
    Austin,Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Phantom Guitars, Eastwood Guitars
    This would absolutely fill a need but I can't find one for sale anywhere, Bass Emporium has them on their site but not in stock, they told me they expect them "this month", but that was last month.

http://orangeamps.com/features.asp?ID=131

2. eww.

3. iamthebassman

iamthebassman

Feb 24, 2004
    Austin,Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Phantom Guitars, Eastwood Guitars
    Thanks!

4. KramerBassFan

KramerBassFan

Jan 3, 2009
    I like it.

Nice to see a rather middle range product - not one of the 15w 8 inch speaker amps that companys love to have clog up local music stores.

Now, would I buy it? Sure!

OP, thats a relatively new amp, so it may take a few months for them to really line up on our shores.

5. BenGrim

BenGrim

Feb 3, 2010
    Bellingham, WA
    I wish they had made the controls more simple (like the 50 watt) to keep with the Orange tradition. I'm pretty disappointed with the built in tuner and 4 band eq.

6. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Looks good to me, I'd have one.

7. midichlorine

midichlorine Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2005
    perfect for practice and small gigs!
    bass, cable, amp.
    so easy!!

8. oooo totally would!!

9. recreate.me

recreate.me

Apr 2, 2010
    Ontario
    I have owned the old Crush 35B, with a 12inch speaker. It didnt have the Presence, contour, and the split mid controls or all that other crap. But i loved the sound the sound! It had such a nice warm classic bass sound. With the gain up it would just get a great crunch around were you would set your tubes to break-up.

Trouble with 35 watts was, too loud for my apartment but not loud enough in a band setting.

If i didnt have an amazing head already i would buy this, no doubt. Orange amps are so good, even there bad ones are great!