Anyone seen the current Ray Brown Trio?

Discussion in 'Bassists [DB]' started by telarcfatigue, May 15, 2002.

1. telarcfatigue

Mar 16, 2002
    I'm planning on catching the Ray Brown Trio when they roll into L.A. later this month.Was wondering if any of you cats had caught the current trio, and could give any reviews of the show, and who Ray is touring with--thanks-(can't wait to see Ray play)--
  2. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    I saw Ray's group last year at the Jazz Kitchen in Indy. He was playing with pianist Larry Fuller and a young drummer whose name I can't remember. The group was good, but not as good as the previous group featuring Geoff Keyser (Keezer??? Weezer??? Geezer???) and Kareem Riggins. But Ray's always worth checking out.
  3. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Geoff Keezer. His dad, Ron, was the drum guy at University of Wisconsin, Eau Claire, when I was there. Geoff used to come in and play perfect time on the ride cymbal when he was maybe four or five. Nice start.
  4. When he's in Chicago at the end of June, he'll have Larry Fuller and Karriem Riggins. I don't know if that's any indication of who will be with him in LA.

I'm looking forward to seeing him when he's at Chicago's Jazz Showcase. I missed him in Milwaukee last March, but I heard a "reference tape" of that concert and Ray was killin'.