Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

anyone seen this bass before ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jieshi, Aug 10, 2002.

1. jieshi

jieshi

Mar 26, 2002
    yea anyone seen this bass before ????

anyone knows where to get it ?? looks like a real beauty !!

would it be unbalance ?

2. mans0n

mans0n

Jun 15, 2002
    hmmm well... i cant say where, when. or who i saw with it..... but i know i HAVE seen it before, at least a bass with that type of headstock... some 'famous' musician on TV =) not in RL... sorry i cant be of more help... but i do know i have seeen one of them before...

3. jieshi

jieshi

Mar 26, 2002
    its a proto type bass --- ???(fernandes vertigo guitar shaped) but fernandes don't make this shape of bass

anyway its an esp japan proto type bass used by a bassist called tetsu from l'arc en ciel in one of their mtvs

just wondering if there are other kinds of basses that might be of the same shape because esp japan basses are expensive !!
    see more basses over here !!
    http://members.shaw.ca/winterfall/music.html:) : :mad: :eek:

4. Listen

Listen

May 19, 2002
    It's a knock-off of a gibson thunderbird, the body is a bit different, but the headstock is the same.

5. Whew!, that guy has got him some collection there.

6. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    and he's a pretty darn good bass player to boot.

7. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    ESP Japan is a completely different animal than ESP America. Lots of artists in Japan are endorsed by ESP and have their own custom made models. I played an ESP the other day and it was a really nice instrument. Nice enough to be on par with the Lakland they had in the shop (and a matching price too :) )

8. It's a hybid Gibson Thunderbird. These seem to show up in many forms - upside down, reversed headstock, revervesed body 0 this is another version with a bit of both! Epiphone do one currently and Gibson still make the real deal for about 4 times the cost of the Epi. An ESP would be about halfway between those costs - in the UK at least and probably about the same quality as the Gibson (but it wouldn't have Gibson on the headstock)

9. I've just been browsing the ESP Japan site and this one's even more a conglomorate!

Thunderbird, meets. Precision, and Stingray...and a couiple more as well.

10. I have a hunch thats the bass a bit like twiggys from marilyn manson especially the head but i forgot what shape the body is, its prob somethin he would use if it was black.

11. jieshi

jieshi

Mar 26, 2002
    is it a inverted thunderbird ??

looks like so ~!:confused:

12. punkfunkfreak

punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
    twiggy has 3 thunderbird shaped basses personally. a white custom finnished one without pickguard (his favourite, given to him by a friend or summat)...a nikki 6 signature, and a more run of the mill black gibson thunderbird. All are fours.

he uses the white one at most shows, along with a double cutaway black bass that i cant identify...looks like a les paul, has the sma escratch plate, but with two cutaways.

jesus, did that come from MY head?
    sorry. :oops:

:rolleyes:

13. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    Like the others said. My first thoughts were that it was a Thunderbird.

14. Looks like The Ox is back from the dead and designing basses!!!!

15. biglovelybass

biglovelybass

Aug 8, 2002
    england
    iv seen that bass b4 in academy of sound in leicester im sure i have:D

16. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member