Anyone speak Italian?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Stinsok, Jan 19, 2005.

1. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    Could you please translate this for me? This guy bid on my ebay auction, and I emailed him several times asking for his mailing information in order to provide the shipping costs (before the auction ended.) He never replied to my requests. He was the only bidder, so he won. He never replied to any emails after the auction was over. I followed the SOP ebay has for getting listed fees and final value fees back due to non payment. I am just curious as to what he left for me. I know, I should have canceled his bid....
  2. Anyone speak Italian?!?!?!?!

Yeah, Italians, duh! :rollno:
  3. bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    I don't speak Italian, but I do speak the language of love.

I have no idea what that means.
  4. Stinsok

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    After all that, I forgot to paste the response. Here it is:

ho inviato email il 9-01-05 ore 14,46 per sapere il totale e non ha mai risposto
  5. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
  6. Stinsok

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    Wonder who he sent the email to? Sure wasn't me. He didn't respond to the notice that Ebay sent him regarding the dispute either.
  7. Maybe he means you? Maybe he made a mistake with the email address or something. "non ha mai riposto" isn't necessarily talking about someone else... although I've never taken an Italian grammar class, I'm guessing he meant to say "tu non ha mai riposto" or something, tjhat you never replied to his email.
  8. Eli M.

Eli M. Life's like a movie, write your own ending

Jul 24, 2004
    New York, NY
    Right. He's saying "you never responded." There are two ways of saying "you" - the formal and the informal. In the informal way, he would say, "(tu) non hai mai risposto" but in the formal/businesslike way, it would be "(Lei) non ha mai risposto."

(wow, it's been a year and a half since I last spoke Italian and I still remember that).
  9. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
  10. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    You know thats really a French word don't you?