1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone spotted this bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Keith Guitars, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Keith Guitars

Keith Guitars Supporting Member Commercial User

Aug 25, 2004
    Woodstock, NY
    Builder: Martin Keith Guitars, Veillette Guitars
    So...

I started making instruments in my own design around 2001.
    The first was a 6-string guitar, still owned by a local friend.
    The second was an 8-string (doubled 4) bass, followed by a 4-string.
    I still own those two. Then #3 was another guitar, which I still have.

The fourth (S/N 004) is pictured here. It was the first instrument I ever sold,
    through our local music shop in Woodstock NY.
    The buyer was a young guy just about to go to college. This would have been
    around 2003 or so.

Anyway - just wondering if anyone's spotted this bass out in the wild.
    I'd love to reconnect with whoever owns it.

Cheers!
    Martin myrtle_face.

2. UNICORN BASS

UNICORN BASS

Feb 10, 2016
    Michigan USA
    Can't help with any info but wow! What a great looking bass man!

3. Hey Martin

Great post and awesomely beautiful bass! I really get this and I hope your search proves to be fruitful.

I owned PRS #7 and still own #11 which were medium scale basses we designed and Paul made for me in 1976-77. Paul has been on a mission for years to try and get back as many of his original creations as possible. I haven't been there, but I hear he has a little shrine and exhibit of his earliest stuff in the PRS factory. He has begged me over the years to sell mine back to him and he even offered to build me two "sky-is-the-limit" Private Stock basses in exchange for #11. So far, no dice. It was the only bass I owned and I played it exclusively from 1977 - 1999 on over 20 albums - counting the "live" stuff and the bootlegs.

My band got a new deal in 1999 and I had it appraised and realized it could never again leave the house/studio.

NEW UP copy.

Good luck, I hope you can find it! Even if you can't get it back I would guess there would be some comfort in at least knowing where it is!

I built my first batch of bodies at a local wood shop on five medium scale prototypes over the past couple of years and man, they are like my children.

BC Bass copy.

Not sure if I could ever let any of them go, and I am planning a batch of 10 more starting in the new year. Currently looking for a subcontractor or a co-builder here in New York to do the set necks and the assembly work.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
    ajkula66 likes this.