1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone still gigging an SWR Redhead?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by armybass, Dec 24, 2016.

1. armybass

armybass Gold Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2001
    I just bought my old Redhead back from a local/national legend and am so glad to have it back. I probably wont gig it much but I just love having it. This amp represents what I thought was the finest sounding bass amp for decades. Love having my old Ginger back.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
  2. Interceptor

Interceptor

Mar 29, 2005
    Madison, WI
    Haven't seen one out in the wild around here for a while. One of the top players here in Madison ran one for years, and he always sounded great.

It is always heartwarming to read the tales of getting a "I wish I wouldn't have sold that" piece back home. I've got a few of those items floating out there too. My wife - who is way smarter than I - is a keeper of things. She seldom buys anything, but also seldom parts with anything. She gets endless entertainment out of watching stuff come back into being in style.

I really shouldn't have parted with my '67 Firebird or the '67 Chevelle SS. Or the, oh well, the list goes on and on.

armybass likes this.